Big Ass Box of Magic Question...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 9, 2011
I hope Jay has nothing to do with this, and I hope that this team of his gets reprimanded or fired. If Jay's in the know, consider me 100% off the Sankey bandwagon. This is absolutely disgusting.

I would hope he has nothing to do with it, and this eric character would get a beat down (okay just fired), but it seems like Jay is somehow in the know as I've now been blocked from his Facebook and YouTube account

Feb 12, 2011
At my Computer
I used to be like a huge Sankey fan and I did not get the box and I was very sad about that, but after all this I am kind of happy I did not. I am through with Sankey and sorry to all you who bought the boxes and are mad about it it really does stink( I knew it was to good to be true)!

Oct 13, 2008
Huh....

You know what's funny? The very same Eric acts SOOO nice to me via email (although I agree he's hard to get a reply from). Once I sent him an email with detailed descriptions of a (defective) Hellbent gimmick I got and a less-than desirable Smashed gimmick. Both sets were replaced with superior craft, but not only that, they sent me a duplicate Hellbent instruction set too. They didn't have to do that...

And they actually responded to me about "why hasn't my box shipped yet" in email allowing me to postulate the expected arrival date and decrease my 95% confidence interval for the exact position (which is important... what if my Dad answers the door?)

And what is more, I've sent complaints about my Assassin's Pouch (which I DID NOT buy from him directly but via another supplier) and then 'know what? He offered me to send it back and then the company will replace it (I'm preparing the package right now!). And since they claim that the new pouches were updated with stronger fabric, well, less work for me. Finally, I asked for a refill for In a Flash, and this is what he said:

"...the next time you place an order with us for 2 or 3 products, remind us and we'll include a refill for FREE. Happy to help our loyal customers."

and in subsequent correspondence,

"We will also add IN A FLASH refill to big box."

And every single email I ever got from him had a little ":)" in it. Is that coincidence? Maybe they (esp. Eric) like me better, but Heru-sa-Aset curse him to oblivion (as in, heavy heart eaten by Ammut the Devourer) if he doesn't deliver on his promises (which given the amount of effort I do, is not very likely; when I want my way, I give EXACT instructions)

I'll send you guys the correspondence I got... you tell me if he's lying or not

-Sean

Jul 9, 2011
Huh....

You know what's funny? The very same Eric acts SOOO nice to me via email (although I agree he's hard to get a reply from).

"...the next time you place an order with us for 2 or 3 products, remind us and we'll include a refill for FREE. Happy to help our loyal customers."

And every single email I ever got from him had a little ":)" in it. Is that coincidence? Maybe they (esp. Eric) like me better, but Heru-sa-Aset curse him to oblivion (as in, heavy heart eaten by Ammut the Devourer) if he doesn't deliver on his promises (which given the amount of effort I do, is not very likely; when I want my way, I give EXACT instructions)

I'll send you guys the correspondence I got... you tell me if he's lying or not

-Sean

Well good luck Sean - I get the :) in every message as well, even when he's being completely rude.

Sep 1, 2007
Well, unfortunately, I wasn't one of the lucky ones. About 15 different items were missing from my box. I have already taken action to have this resolved. This whole situation is really just a shame.

Jul 9, 2011
Well, unfortunately, I wasn't one of the lucky ones. About 15 different items were missing from my box. I have already taken action to have this resolved. This whole situation is really just a shame.

Hey Nick - COuld you send me whats going on with you, and the emails - d.steep@tcc.on.ca
Can always use more to add to my better business bureau file & Service Ontario.

Sep 1, 2007
Sure, I'll shoot you an email. I sent an email to customer support last night, but I haven't received a reply yet.

Jan 29, 2009
Big Ass Box of Magic – Review

After waiting 3 weeks to receive my “Big Ass Box of Magic”, I have to say I’m a bit disappointed. Did I get good value for what I paid for? Yes. I paid $180 (with shipping) for $635 worth of Sankey Magic at retail value. Seems like a deal? Yes it is.

But sadly, it wasn’t as great as originally promised.

My box was missing 12 (7 DVDs) of the original items. I received 4 DVDs as replacements.

The letter in my box stated I was one of the first 125 to order. Based on the original product description from the website, I should have received all 36 items. This was the statement on the product page: "HERE'S WHAT'S INSIDE 'THE BIG ASS BOX OF MAGIC....." followed of course by the complete list of items.

To further press my disappointment, Sankey Magic added another 100 boxes after the first 125 sold out. The product description then stated “the second 100 will have AT LEAST 28 of the 36 products.” If the second 100 were to have at least 28 items, how does my box only have 24? Something doesn’t jive. I feel very mislead.

I contacted customer service and did get a quick response. They didn’t address the misinformation posted on the product page, but did offer an exchange:

(we offer you) “the opportunity to EXCHANGE your big box for a handful of other
products (all at the regular retail pricing of course.) But in that case, you would have to pay for shipping the box back to us as well as the shipping of the exchanged order.”

I ask you, do you find this to be a fair response?

Sadly, I don’t. This was my first purchase from Sankey Magic. I will not be shopping there again, nor will I be recommending Sankey anytime soon.

From the Sankey Magic website:

THE FIRST 125 BOXES SOLD-OUT! BUT YOU CAN STILL GET YOUR OWN 'BIG ASS BOX OF MAGIC!'
• The first 125 boxes sold-out MUCH faster than expected. But you can STILL GET YOUR OWN 'BIG ASS BOX OF MAGIC!'
• We only had enough of a FEW of the products to fill 125 orders, but we still have enough stock of ALMOST ALL THE SAME GREAT PRODUCTS to fill ANOTHER 100 ORDERS for the 'BIG ASS BOX!'
• Your 'BIG ASS BOX' will still include AT LEAST 28 of the original 36 products featured on Jay's popular YouTube videos! And we'll replace the other items with products of EQUAL or GREATER VALUE.
• You will still get OVER $600 WORTH of Jay's killer magic + mentalism for JUST $129.99!
• DON'T WAIT. Place your order NOW. The last 100 remaining 'BIG ASS BOXES OF MAGIC' are going to sell-out TODAY! And they will not be available EVER AGAIN. This really IS a once-in-a-lifetime offer!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OVER $600 @ $129.99 = THE BIG ASS DEAL OF THE YEAR!
IT'S OFFICIAL! Featuring OVER $600 worth of killer magic and mentalism, for ONLY $129.99 Jay's 'BIG ASS BOX OF MAGIC' is 'THE BIG ASS DEAL OF THE YEAR!'
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
BIG ASS DEAL ON SHIPPING!
THE 'BIG ASS BOXES' ARE SCHEDULED TO SHIP WORLD-WIDE ON JULY 5. Great 'BIG BOX' news for my OVERSEAS fans. To ship all the separate products in THE BOX overseas would usually cost $120. But despite the size of the BIG ASS BOX, we are shipping all overseas orders for just $75.00 (regular mail with tracking.) And all orders in the United States and Canada for just $50.00 via United Parcel Service (UPS.)
OTHER DETAILS
Our usual offer of 'Free Shipping Over $50' does NOT apply to this product (no surprise.) We also are NOT offering our usual 'Free DVD with all orders over $75' with this product (again, no surprise.)
HERE'S WHAT'S INSIDE 'THE BIG ASS BOX OF MAGIC.....'
BEGINNER MAGIC + MENTALISM
AMAZING MAGIC + MENTALISM (VOL 1)--$15.00
AMAZING MAGIC + MENTALISM (VOL 2)--$15.00
SLEIGHT-OF-HAND SECRETS WITH CARDS--$25.00
SLEIGHT-OF-HAND SECRETS WITH COINS--$25.00
EARPLUGS--$20.00
ADVANCED SLEIGHT-OF-HAND
REVOLUTIONARY COIN MAGIC--$40.00
EXTREMELY AMBITIOUS--$30.00
INTERNATIONAL--$15.00
STREET MAGIC
JUICIER FRUIT--$15.00
SANKEY'S BEST STREET MAGIC--$25.00
HELLBENT--$15.00
FOREIGN EXCHANGE--$15.00
VANISHINK--$25.00
WRAP IT UP--$25.00
MAGIC WITH GIMMICKED PLAYING CARDS
INSIDER (refill envelopes)--$10.00
FINAL FUSION (refill)--$10.00
SHIFT--$10.00
UNTORN--$15.00
RECONSTRUCTION (refill labels)--$10.00
TRANZ4MR--$15.00
MORE MENTALISM
M3NTAL--$10.00
ASTRAL PROJECTION--$25.00
JUST IMAGINE--$25.00
SANKEY'S BEST MENTALISM--$25.00
99--$25.00
INVISIBLE (DVD ONLY)--$20.00
RARE DISCONTINUED PRODUCTS
RAZOR'S EDGE (only the US quarter)--$15.00
HOLY STRETCH--$20.00
KILLER KEY (US quarter)--$25.00
INSEPARABLE--$20.00
BLOCKBUSTER--$25.00
PANDORA'S BOX--$25.00
COLLECTION OF RARE LECTURE NOTES
VERY BEST OF SM NEWSLETTER--$20.00
2004-2005 NOTES--$10.00
HOLIDAY MAGIC--$10.00
FIVE STRONG EFFECTS by BORIS POCUS--$10.00

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 9, 2011
Only a matter of time before it will get deleted! SO with Razemagic being upset - and the TWO more people emails I received when I awoke today - that puts it up to 24 people! Nearly 1/5 of the customers! And Eric still stands by his word to me that only FOUR people (including me) have complained! Which is bull as now I read - most of the magicians that are complaining, are getting a copy and pasted email. The better business bureau will hopefully figure something out - and I will be calling my credit card company today to dispute the purchase as two others have done, and advised me to do. Here are some quotes from emails I've received. (Magi-Eric) & (Eric - Magi) & (Magi-me)

* Also what's really odd - Eric 100% DEF insured me that "International" was included in EVERY box - 14 out of the 24 who have emailed me are missing international! This guy is so full of it!

" I received my box last night (7/14), I placed the order on 6/23. My box was missing 14 of the items I was supposed to receive. called my credit card company and disputed the charge. I went through that whole process and got that ball rolling." - Magi - me

"But again, Jay tends to be generous-minded to a fault." (Eric-Magi) - Maybe Jay is generous, but he's becoming a disrespected name thanks to this Eric Fellow.

" I have disputed the charge with my credit card company. I would just like to receive what I paid for. I hope that this can be resolved." Magi-Eric

"The bottom line is Sankey Magic pulled a bait and switch. You won't stand behind what you had listed on the BABOM product page. This is very sad. The product I received was not what was advertised on your website. Replacing my box with $130 of other retail products is a "cop out" and you must think I'm an idiot." - Magi - Eric

" Should it matter that you had 4 complaints, or 100? Every customer should be important. I hope you understand my reasoning for writing these email messages." - Magi-Eric

"Of course ALL our customers matter to us." Eric - Magi = BS

"We'd also appreciate it if you never place another order with us. Rude customers we don't need." Eric-Magi - thats right folks, jay's People are saying they dont need our business!

"You didn't stand behind your advertised product. Do you really think I would purchase from you again?" Magi-eric

the website (and I have this printed out) states "HERE'S WHAT'S INSIDE 'THE BIG ASS BOX OF MAGIC....."

Jul 9, 2011
No tracking numbers or any sort of confirmation that it shipped. Very frustrating.

All I got was when I emailed asking about shipping was "Don't you worry, it will ship. We will provide you a tracking number in the coming days" - got nothing of the sort.

Pete Pridanonda

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2009
I sent an email to Eric and I got a reply from him in 8 hours. Here's his reply:
> Hi Pete,
>
> Nice to hear from you. :)
>
> We started shipping out the BIG BOXES on July 5 as advertised, but due to
> the fact that CANADA POST was on strike for most of June, and we are still
> catching up on a mountain of orders, not all the BIG BOXES have shipped
> yet.
>
> But they should ALL be 'on the way' in the next 24 hours.
>
> US/Canada shipments shouldn't take more than 5 or 6 days via UPS. But
> because of how big the box is, overseas orders were shipped by STANDARD
> POST so that will take a few weeks to arrive.
>
> We also won't have any tracking numbers available for at least another
> week or so.
>
> Thanks for getting in touch, and for believing in Sankey Magic!
>
> :)
> Eric
The thing is, I ordered from the U.S. and still haven't received my box. I told him I'll wait another week and he replied back to me in 7 hours. "Thanks for your patience!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results