Big Ass Box of Magic Question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

XabierL

Elite Member
Aug 14, 2010
Thanks to everyone... The Magic Cafe thread is incredible. I thought Sankey Magic was more professional...

Jan 29, 2009
By chance have you ever wondered if Eric is Jay? Check out this comment made on Jay's Facebook page:

Jay Sankey Both. And it's def NOT a criticism of a few particular magicians. Heck, almost any of us who have done tv spots no the 'joy' of sharing magic with vapid tv hosts. For me it was just another reminder of the empty ceremony so much magic has become. On tv, even live. We need to free magic from the lame chains of today. (Is that the sound of gun fire?) :)

Notice "def"!

Sep 1, 2007
I can say that the thought crossed my mind. But I honestly don't care anymore, I just want to finish getting this whole situation behind me.

Jul 16, 2011
Not wishing to be the lone malcontent here, but when I initially ordered the BABOM, there were three dvds I already owned. I quickly did the math and realized that I would be getting a swell deal, even factoring out the dupes. When I got my box, there was only 1 dupe in it. I haven't compared lists with what was in my box, but there is some stuff in there I wasn't expecting. So, for me, this was win-win.

I can *theoretically* understand your complaint. But, then again, on the other hand, you got a 65% discount on a truck load of stuff. I'm not telling anyone what to do. But if this had happened to me, I would have done the math calculations on how much money I saved and left it at that. But that's me, and I guess I take a more flexible stance on the situation.

Jul 9, 2011
I can see where you're coming from but my issues were...

1) I was duped, I was told I would recieve one thing and got another. (or nothing at all in some cases)
2) There were some key products I wanted and that I was needing the box for since they're not sold anymore - and the majority of those I did not receive.
3) I like you had some of the products, and was expecting the others to make it an even split of what i had and didn't have. Then when I got the box, the "replacements" I had gotten I already own, and the products I got in the box I mainly already own. The products I got screwed on, were the one's I didnt have.

And the main reason I'm still persuing things - because of how I was treated by "eric" in customer service. When I asked for his last name he refused to tell me. And then continued to talk slanderously to me.

Sep 1, 2007
I can see where you're coming from but my issues were...

1) I was duped, I was told I would recieve one thing and got another. (or nothing at all in some cases)
2) There were some key products I wanted and that I was needing the box for since they're not sold anymore - and the majority of those I did not receive.
3) I like you had some of the products, and was expecting the others to make it an even split of what i had and didn't have. Then when I got the box, the "replacements" I had gotten I already own, and the products I got in the box I mainly already own. The products I got screwed on, were the one's I didnt have.

And the main reason I'm still persuing things - because of how I was treated by "eric" in customer service. When I asked for his last name he refused to tell me. And then continued to talk slanderously to me.

Agreed. The response from customer support has been incredibly unprofessional. Personally, I like to receive what I was told I was going to receive. But I'm not to worried about it anymore, I've take the actions I needed to get my money back.

Jan 29, 2009
Agreed. The response from customer support has been incredibly unprofessional. Personally, I like to receive what I was told I was going to receive. But I'm not to worried about it anymore, I've take the actions I needed to get my money back.

What are the exact actions you've taken. I think you mentioned sending the box back. Is this to Sankey or through somewhere else?

Sep 1, 2007
I disputed the charge with my credit card company. I've filled out some paperwork that states that I didn't receive what I was supposed to, as well as including all documentation related to the charge. All that gets sent to my credit card company. I include a receipt that proves that I indeed shipped the product back to the vendor who I purchased from. I send the box back to Sankey Magic with an enclosed letter stating why it's returned to them. Then I enjoy my full refund.

Jul 17, 2011
Hi there, I just registered to post here, but I've bought various theory11 stuff before.

I complained to Jay on twitter about how he was RT'ing people thanking him for the box, and how awesome it was. I told him it was still waiting for it to be shipped, and he actually responded me, telling me ALL the boxes had been shipped.
THe weird thing is that i've been asking to Jay's customer service a couple times a week about a tracking # and they said the box wasn't shipped yet, and I'd have to wait another week, due to a Canada's Post Service strike. Then another twitter user warned me that I may be getting a box with less items, and posted a link to this thread.

I'm ****ing scared, and I haven't received the box yet. The first thing I tried was looking for the original list of the BABOM, which some of you have already posted, since it has "vanished" from Jay's website. I paid via PayPal, so I guess I'm covered by them in case something goes wrong.

It's a shame that so many people are having trouble with Jay and it's customer service.

Jul 16, 2011
Okay, I get what's really sticking in your craw, and I agree: the customer service is lacking. That's worth pursuing, if only to educate the people selling within the magic community that customers have to be taken care of. Preferably the first time.

Oct 13, 2008
It did; now I'll update my checklist to make sure when the product arrives.

Let's hope they don't screw ME over; like I mentioned before, other than lazy lack of response I've never had a problem directly from them that can't be solved.

If they do, well, Plan A will be to act super nice when I send back my Assassin's Pouch (like "oh by the way, please accept this bribe - I mean, shipping fee for the following DVDs in the order that were missing the first time...") and then set things in motion with a nice spell to kick. Plan B, well, honestly, I didn't think I'd get this far (maybe use DvDD and then send my **** back :p)

Last edited by a moderator:

Pete Pridanonda

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2009
I just received my package yesterday and I'm very disappointed, here's what I'm missing in the package:
1.)Sleight of Hand secrets with coins
2.)earplugs
3.)Insider
4.)final fusion
5.)shift
6.)Untorn
7.) reconstruction
8.) tranz4mr
9.) Juicier fruit
10.) razor's edge
11.) holy stretch
12.) killer key
That's $190 rip off for me.
I was thinking of sending an email to them but they'll probably ignore it.
Please stop this scam.

Sep 1, 2007
I just received my package yesterday and I'm very disappointed, here's what I'm missing in the package:
2.)earplugs
3.)Insider
4.)final fusion
5.)shift
6.)Untorn
7.) reconstruction
8.) tranz4mr
9.) Juicier fruit
10.) razor's edge
11.) holy stretch
12.) killer key
Please stop this scam.

If you purchased it with your credit card, call and dispute the charge. They'll be able to walk you through a process to receive your money back.

Jul 13, 2011
2.)earplugs
3.)Insider
4.)final fusion
5.)shift
6.)Untorn
7.) reconstruction
8.) tranz4mr
9.) Juicier fruit
10.) razor's edge
11.) holy stretch
12.) killer key
Please stop this scam.

I was missing the same stuff as well.

Jul 13, 2011
I was really confused at first why the took down all the adds and videos, once I got my box I saw why. If there's ever a promotion like this again, I'll be sure to print out the adds as well as download the videos that are posted. All I can say is that Sankey Magic Inc. has got some serious heat on them, not they're doing anything about it...

Jan 29, 2009
I was really confused at first why the took down all the adds and videos, once I got my box I saw why. If there's ever a promotion like this again, I'll be sure to print out the adds as well as download the videos that are posted. All I can say is that Sankey Magic Inc. has got some serious heat on them, not they're doing anything about it...

You should be able to download the product page here: For those of you interested in a copy of the BABOM product page, you should be able to download it here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?k3dardjzpbnsr65
The file is a PDF. Be sure to add .pdf if it doesn't have an extension.
If the download doesn't work, feel free to pm me.

If you are on Facebook, please also join our group: http://www.facebook.com/?sk=messages#!/groups/254344171244228

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results