A nameless colorchange

Nov 12, 2007
I need help naming a new color change of mine.

the effect is simple slow and beautiful, here's what the spectator see's:
The magician holds any card in one hand and sets down the deck, let's say it's the 4 of diamonds. He takes his other hand, shows it to be empty, and touches two fingers to the edge of the card (other fingers extended to show he is not holding anything or doing any sleight of hand). His fingers slide slowly up the card (or down or across, there are multiple handlings for this effect) and the 4 of diamonds begins to change into the 10 of clubs, but his fingers are only half way across the card, and on one side it's the 10 and the other side is still the 4. The magician can move his fingers freely up or down and no matter where he moves his fingers along the card, on one side there is the 10 while the other side is the 4, when the magician has fully milked the trick for all it's worth, he slides his fingers all the way to the opposite edge of the card and you are left with only the 10 of clubs, he shows both hands completely empty except for the 10, and hands you the card to inspect. The card is ungimmicked, he ends totally clean.

It can also be performed instantly with no cover, you hold a card, you don't shake it, you don't flick it, your fingers don't wiggle, nothing. It just changes instantly into any other card whenever you want it to, and as you hand out the card, your hands are totally 100% empty.

I have loads of creativity when it comes to magic, but apparently no creativity in coming up with names for my tricks. If anyone has any suggestions I would be very grateful, thanks!

Nov 12, 2007
How funny, watching the performance video I immediately recognized the method, although I have never seen anyone other than myself perform it. I did notice one slight variation however, at the end of the vanish or color change. I ditch the card in a way that doesn't damage the card at all (trying not to reveal anything) and the hand I use to wave over the card can be shown totally empty right afterwards.

However, the new method that I described in my first post, is completely different, and in my opinion a drastic improvement on my old method. In my new method, I set the rest of the deck down, I hold only one card (not a double lift, truly one card in my hands) I use only two fingers to slide across the card (and there are better angles, I have even created a handling that can be performed surrounded) at the end of the trick I am left with a new card, and my hands are completely empty, the first card is gone, or can be reproduced from anywhere. I am thinking of calling it changeling, but if anyone has any ideas I would be grateful to hear them.

thanks for your post!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results