Beginner Question :O

Jul 8, 2011
Hey guys, im new here and im new to cardistry, and im just wondering:
Since now i just shuffled the cards normally. Now i start with the mechanics grip.
In Genesis it says "if your right with your left hand, i wont/want the deck in my right hand".
Does that mean i if im lefthanded? does he say "want" or "wont"? sorry for that stupid question, im german :p
Thanks in advance!

Jack

Elite Member
Sep 5, 2007
Decatur, GA
I don't own Genesis but I'm guessing he said want. I do know that you hold the deck in you opposite hand. In other words if you are right handed the deck should be held in your left hand. If you are left handed... Well, I'll let you figure that out.

Cheers!

As a side note, on the Dai Vernon "revelations" tapes, he mentions something that might sound a little pedantic but is interesting to note. Mechanics grip is not what most magicians believe it to be. It's actually a gambling term wherein the front fingers cover up the front edge of the deck to prevent any players from reading marks on the edges of the card.

Though if you correct anyone on this, be prepared to explain yourself and reference Dai Vernon.

I don't remember which tape it was on, but I definitely remember it took me by surprise.

Jack

Jul 17, 2011
While starting out, using the opposite of your dominant hand is best. But later on, once you have started to get stuff down, you might want to start training your other hand too. It will greatly benefit you in the future.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results