David Stone: Real Secrets of Magic Question

For my next purchase I decided I'm going for something which will give me tips for performing not on the street but, in a restaurant or any type of manner similar. But, not just performing tips but, tricks which can really define a person and their routine, so basically my question is this:

At the moment I have about $100 which I putting towards my magic, and I'm looking to purchase Real Secrets of Magic DVD's. Although I know this may sound strange but, I'm looking only to buy 1 Volume of the series right now, since something soon may spark my interest and I don't want to spoil myself right before Christmas. So, which volume in your opinion is better in different aspects. I don't mean editing wise since they're basically the same but, tips, peroformances, effects wise which is the better of the 2.

If someone could give me a helping hand that would be very much appreciated.

-RA69

Sep 3, 2007
Well, these dvd's were hard for me to get through, as David Stone's thick accent really bogged me down.
They are both fine magic wise.
Id Say go in order.
1 then 2

Sep 2, 2007
Stockholm Sweden
I really loved Real Secrets of Magic Vol.1. And i think that you should get Vol 1 first and if you like it get Vol 2. He gives great tips on what to do and most important what NOT to do.
And you will get alot of laughts on the way. And great tricks.

Sep 1, 2007
Well, personally I think both are amazing. If you have to choose, I would get Vol. 1 first. But certainly pick up vol. 2 when you get a chance. :D

Real Secrets or Not?

RA69 - I appreciate your situation and the need to invest wisely. Since you wrote you're interested in both effects & theory for indoor work (restaurant, bars, night clubs, cocktail parties, strolling, etc) I strongly urge you to consider Eugene Burger's 'Mastering the Art of Magic'.

It's reprint of seven of Burger's earlier works from the 1980's with additional commentary from Eugene. At over 220 pages with excellent illustrations it not only provides you with enough presentations to have a complete act but invaluable advice on working as a magical entertainer.

It's currently out of print but many dealers this have a few left on their shelves plus you can always find a few on ebay.

If you're not limiting yourself to dvd only, I don't think you could make a better selection than this classic.

BTW I own Real Secrets vol 1 and found it to be a solid purchase. Stone is a real professional with a wicked sense of humor and some serious chops. Personally I think you'd be better off with Burger's book as it will give you a more thorough foundation to start your career.

Aug 31, 2007
i'd recommend you to get both, david stone is a genious, i love his stuff and he's very funny.

im meeting him tonight again (i've met him about a month ago, watch my blog for pics) for a lecture, dinner and pub time.

cant wait!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results