Magic Stores in NYC area?

Jun 9, 2011
I know tannens and fantasma, but are there any magic stores out of manhattan? (Brooklyn, queens)? Or even upstate near orange or rockland county, Google is a pain because a lot of the 'magic' stores i looked at were really costume shops and such. Thanks!

May 2, 2010
New York, New York
Rogue Magic Shop on Queens BLVD is an ok place. The place was ok. Its more for kids than anything. Think about the magic shop in Pee Wee's Big Adventure and you have Rogue. They have cards, magic books and DVDs but a lot of joke material also.

Ronjo Magic shop is a good magic shop out in Port Jefferson LI. Durring the Summer and spring months its a legit magic shop but when it gets closer to Oct the store will convert into a Costume shop. Its not a Costume shop with a small section for magic

Your best magic shops is Tannens and Fantasma.

May 22, 2008
NYC
Yeah, plus Fantasma is great because there always seems to be a pro or two back there jamming. Last time I was in there Tony Chang was chilling in the back.

Jun 5, 2010
New York, New York
I would say stick with Tannens. Not only will you find what you need but the people there are super helpful and nice. They really have a genuine love for magic. I dont really care for Ronjo's though. I used to go there before I started to go to Tannens. Now I take a train into the city when I want something specific. I dont know to me Ronjo's seems a bit over priced at times. And I don't really feel comfortable shopping there. I feel like its a buy something or get out kind of place. And he makes a habit of bashing on T11 a lot. Which isn't really cool.

May 2, 2010
New York, New York
I would say stick with Tannens. Not only will you find what you need but the people there are super helpful and nice. They really have a genuine love for magic. I dont really care for Ronjo's though. I used to go there before I started to go to Tannens. Now I take a train into the city when I want something specific. I dont know to me Ronjo's seems a bit over priced at times. And I don't really feel comfortable shopping there. I feel like its a buy something or get out kind of place. And he makes a habit of bashing on T11 a lot. Which isn't really cool.

I feel you Crimson. I mostly stick with Tannens. The selection is better and the staff knows its magic even though its not the Tannens of old from what I hear. Fantasma is a bit more than Tannens.

Im sorry you have had that exp there. When I went there 2 years ago it was a friendly place. Maybe things changed.

Maybe I will see you around Tannens

Jun 9, 2011
thanks everyone :D i ended up going to rogues because the traffic in manhattan was unbearable. It was a pretty decent place, and the guys were very friendly :D

Jun 5, 2010
New York, New York
I feel you Crimson. I mostly stick with Tannens. The selection is better and the staff knows its magic even though its not the Tannens of old from what I hear. Fantasma is a bit more than Tannens.

Im sorry you have had that exp there. When I went there 2 years ago it was a friendly place. Maybe things changed.

Maybe I will see you around Tannens

Yeah totally. My name is Anthony if I ever see you around.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results