Four hours of torture

As most you all know Ellusionist just released their Red Artifice decks to public, and are currently selling 3000 of the 5000 made. The sale was supposed to go off at 4:00pm and i thought "hey I'm gonna be home I'll pick up two for myself how long could it take to order two decks of cards?" Holy **** was i wrong. Nearly four hours later i have finally placed my order for my decks. Not very amazing but i just thought i would share this story with all of you. But i gotta say i almost gave up entirely haha.

May 24, 2011
Count yourself lucky. I've spent at least an hour on the last step, and it keeps timing out on me. I'm about ready to say screw it.

Apr 10, 2011
I know the feeling, i'm still waiting to proceed to the checkout! This is worse than shopping at Walmart on Christmas Eve!!

Jul 17, 2011
I'm missing something...was it just that the site had so much traffic that it was lagging like crazy? Or is E's checkout process just a *****?

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
People are trying to sell them for $80-100 each already. I don't know if they know this but blue artifice are exactly the same for $6....

It wasn't that it had too many people only, but it was because their were thousands of people constantly hitting the refresh button which basically crippled the server, surprisingly enough we actually took down several websites lol.

XabierL

Elite Member
Aug 14, 2010
Red artifice decks are just the same as gold arcanes: they say they are super limited, and they get a lot of money because people spend $400+ they would't normally in order to get it. The decks? Maybe nice, maybe not. Just the same deck, slightly changed. E could have made thousands of decks, but it seems to be more pproductive to create "limited editions".

XabierL

Elite Member
Aug 14, 2010
BTW, I can't understand how can magicians be enthusiastic with artifice, black ghost/arcane, shadow masters etc. A deck of cards with no black border looks horribly with a couple of days of use.

XabierL

Elite Member
Aug 14, 2010
With the thousands of designs out there... Please pick one with a white border!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results