The Best T&R?

May 21, 2011
Bedford, England
Hey guys
So recently, i want to put a T&R routine into my act but i want a visual restoration and practical method (so i will not accept TnR by Mathieu Bich. The method was terrible! The gimmick is fun to play with, but the entire thing was terrible!) Therefore, i've been searching the magic market for the best T&R but there are so many tricks for one plot! I simply cannot decide.

What do you guys think is the best T&R out there? Which one is clean, visual and practical? Which T&R method do you perform all the time? All answers are extremly appreciated.

Thanks for reading!
Jack

P.S If you could include a demo as well, it would help a lot as i would be able to see what it looks like. Thanks again!

Jun 20, 2009
near paris
a great and easy one is " torn" by Daniel Garcia, but the best is "reformation" by Guy Hollingworth, you want to do it on stage ? or for cocktail, table hopping ?

May 21, 2011
Bedford, England
I am going to be performing table hopping and extremely close up so i don't want any bad angles or a dirty looking restoration. And, obviously, it needs to be suitable for table hopping. Maybe this can help push further submissions from 'a reply' to 'a helpful reply'.

torn by garcia is nice. if u can get to a wayne houchin lecture get his counterfit hollingworth that is pretty spectacular. if you want a great idea is ref4m from t11 and do an ambitious before hand, have 4 people sign each corner of the card, then do the tnr.
what you need to decide is , if you are performing strolling, how easy is the reset for the effect. it doesnt get much easier than Ref4m. one ungimmicked card. torn is a close second. i would check those out.

Counterfeit Hollingworth is my favorite T&R effect out there. It has great angles, and the reset was never a problem for me. You might be able to Facebook message or twitter Wayne for the effect. I know that it is spectacular and one of my favorite pieces of magic to perform.

Dec 13, 2008
Morris, IL
I'm gonna have to second ElliottTerral on Counterfeit Hollingworth by Wayne Houchin. By far my favorite TnR effect I have ever come across. I was lucky enough to snag this dvd from Wayne and it was worth every penny. Love practicing and performing this effect.

Jun 20, 2009
near paris
I am going to be performing table hopping and extremely close up so i don't want any bad angles or a dirty looking restoration. And, obviously, it needs to be suitable for table hopping. Maybe this can help push further submissions from 'a reply' to 'a helpful reply'.

for table hopping you can do "Torn" , counterfeit hollingworth is good but the card is not signed ! (but who cares ?) i do !!

Jun 20, 2009
near paris
torn by garcia is nice. if u can get to a wayne houchin lecture get his counterfit hollingworth that is pretty spectacular. if you want a great idea is ref4m from t11 and do an ambitious before hand, have 4 people sign each corner of the card, then do the tnr.
what you need to decide is , if you are performing strolling, how easy is the reset for the effect. it doesnt get much easier than Ref4m. one ungimmicked card. torn is a close second. i would check those out.

i like to see that my idea of having the card signed by four people is appreciate !

Jul 13, 2010
not bad, but i don't like the cuts on the video , an i hope , please, it's not gimmicked

I followed the thread @Magic Cafe and David answered (what about the multiple cuts in the video):
I cut out the bit where I get a glue stick out and apply it liberally to all the edges of the torn pieces - didn't want to tip the method!

The cuts are for brevity. There's nothing untoward about the editing. It's not 'hiding' anything of importance, just skipping the less interesting parts in order to demonstrate the core of the effect. You see the folding, the tearing, and the complete restoration - there's really not much more to a T&R card effect, is there?
I`m waiting for reviews. I don`t expect wonders or anything groundbreaking new, but i have some of David`s material and it`s pretty solid. In fact, his latest DVD is full of great and intelligent stuff and was one of the best DVDs I bought in a long time.

Jul 16, 2011
If you want a T&R worker for table hopping, where the card can be signed, and the restoration is visual in the eyes of a spectator AND, it leaves them with and incredible impossible souvenier, AND is very easy to do, AND involves a little bit of FIRE (optional) then I suggest "Welded by Brent Arthur" found here http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S9245 this one is great! trust me you'll love it. It has some great moments and the presentation oppotunities are unlimited, and its not expensive at all. Watch the video demo here (ites not the best peformance) http://www.magic.answerstv.com/Answ...73a&StartPoint=Folder125&PlayItem=809&AP=true

Sep 22, 2010
Austria
For Creativity - Mathieu Bich's TNR or Paul Harris's
For Impromptu Situations - Calen Morelli's TNR

My "Weapons" of Choice

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results