True Astonishments..?

Heya Guys!

I am looking to buy True Astonishments by Paul Harris, and I've got a good deal on it waiting for me to say yes or no, but I don't own any other Paul Harris material and so although it has been recommended to me I'm not sure on quality, tricks, etc.

If anyone can give me some more detail on it that would be brilliant! I'd love some of your personal views on True Astonishments and Paul Harris, and if it is ok for me to start at the end as it where instead of the start with the 3 books.

Thanks!

Simon_Magic

Dec 31, 2010
I like TA better than the books by a hair, and the material is more advanced. Most of it takes set up and sometimes extra items.

Nov 27, 2009
I have the books, but not the box set, and I can honestly say that Paul Harris is brilliant. Anything that he comes up with is probably worth looking into. If you like more impromptu stuff, the books have a lot of that. There are also a few decent gimmicked tricks in the books. Like I said, I can't speak for the boxed set, but what I can say has been said.

Jul 10, 2010
McAllen, TX
www.wix.com
All the effects are very easy and you would be hard pressed to find stronger material that can be done with such ease. If you get it, you'll realize that the effects that come with it are not nearly the best part of TA. There is a lot of other stuff on there, not just magic effects. Worth Double the price.

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
At one point in time I was trying to review all of that material, but with 9 DVDs it was just not possible in the time that I had. TA rocks. There is material in it I will never use, but it is not because it is not amazing material. It is simply because it doesn't all fit my style. There is SOOO much material in it you won't believe it.

New Leaf is so pure feeling and is so impromptu feeling that people with you will think you are a freaking druid wizard.

Big Tiny hits people like a brick to the side of the head. Several times.

The New Las Vegas Leaper (LVL2) is an awesome worker I use frequently.

Pack of Lies will sneak by an unsuspecting spectator like a phantom and blow their mind.

Gerrard's Warp is the only card warp handling I ever use now.

Trancendental Bar Bet is a pain in the butt to do, but when it comes down to it is brilliant and leaves the spectators with nothing. Including their sanity. And a little bit of their dignity.

W:H's Invisible Palm routine is ace.

And finally, on Disk 9 - Angel Cake

From the official previews - "Angel Cake is....a slightly troubling once-in-a-lifetime principle. This slice of ph cake almost definitely will give you some sleepless nights contemplating the philosophical implications of this karmically loaded astonishment. Angel Cake is...a brand new theory in bill changes that allows you to....well, you'll just have to find out for yourself."

Angel Cake, when I learned the method, dropped me like nothing else I have ever seen in my life. I lost sleep over it. It is terrible, evil, impossible, and freaking awesome. This tidbit of knowledge alone is worth the price of the set. When you learn it, you will loose sleep too. I go no further.

Short story - Get it.

L

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results