What are your top 3 effects to perform?

I was just interested in knowing what your favorite effects are. They can be gimmicked or just pure sleight it doesn't matter, just post your favorite effect and why you like them. Mine are:

Smoke by Alan Rorrison
Alchemy by Ben Seidman
Two card monte

I like these effects because they hit hard and the spectator usually doesn't expect what's about to happen.

Sep 1, 2007
Wild card
Coins across
Invisible card routine

These are just sort of a random 3, not necessarily a favorite 3. I actually keep a plot list on my phone's note pad- I've always had the problem of not knowing what to perform when asked, so now I just glance at my phone and pick a plot.

XabierL

Elite Member
Aug 14, 2010
Salt and Pepper (yes, my rendition to Oil and Water)
Triumph
Sandwich Routines!

Aug 1, 2009
Smoke by Alan Rorrison
Blistered
Note by Matt Sconce

Probably some of the hardest hitting material I know and fits my style really well

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
I am having huge amounts of fun with the material in This Way Up, so at the moment it is my new goto effect or effects if depends how you read it.
Many many variations of the OP and ACAAN (including The Berglas Effect)
A strange demonstration of hypnosis and CMR.

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
I'm going to post the two that I've been performing the most recently,

The Opened Prediction and Between Your Points of Departure

The first is just an amazing effect when done correctly and the second is just something I've been playing with and performing a lot recently, I always liked the trick but recently I've found a presentation that fits my style.

Sep 17, 2007
Great question.

Paid gig:

Fresh Mint (my signed bill to Tic Tac box effect)
Cagey (my two card transpo)
Sudden Impact

Casual performance:

Ace Thang (my impromptu take on Richard Sanders' King Thing)
Elevation
Wilder (impromptu Wild Card effect)

Aug 31, 2007
Lacey,Washington
Right now I have a lot of favorites, it's really ridiculous.

I'll list the first 3 I have jotted down in my phone.

ReSwindled OR Cheaters Sleeve for a more fast paced environment

1 coin routine ending with Stenberg Penetration

Mr E Takes a Stroll

.. This Way Up is awesome! I'm number 103/200

Jul 16, 2011
My opinion on effects change the more I perform them, and i like to bring new tricks in, to keep things interesting
1) Classic Two Card Transpositon
2) Carbon Paper by Jay Sankey (Wich I pair with wiregrams)
3) Lit by Dan Hauss

Quick note on Lit by Dan Hauss, I think so many people underestimate this effect. I was the same exact way, I purchased it on a whim, not really thinking. And I didnt use the effect that much, maybe a little here and there. There was one gig, however, where I decided to bring some stuff I hadnt performed in a while with me. Now, my style at a gig is to embody the street magician, so I usually do the usuall walk up to a crowd and blow their mind thing. I decided what the heck, so I performed lit, and let me tell you... This effect is STRONG, you may not think so, but some of the best reactions I've ever recieved were from this effect. Now, it goes with me wherever I go. just keep in mind the power of this effect. Especially is you do a visual card vanish. keep that in mind...

Nov 8, 2007
My opinion on effects change the more I perform them, and i like to bring new tricks in, to keep things interesting
1) Classic Two Card Transpositon
2) Carbon Paper by Jay Sankey (Wich I pair with wiregrams)
3) Lit by Dan Hauss

Quick note on Lit by Dan Hauss, I think so many people underestimate this effect. I was the same exact way, I purchased it on a whim, not really thinking. And I didnt use the effect that much, maybe a little here and there. There was one gig, however, where I decided to bring some stuff I hadnt performed in a while with me. Now, my style at a gig is to embody the street magician, so I usually do the usuall walk up to a crowd and blow their mind thing. I decided what the heck, so I performed lit, and let me tell you... This effect is STRONG, you may not think so, but some of the best reactions I've ever recieved were from this effect. Now, it goes with me wherever I go. just keep in mind the power of this effect. Especially is you do a visual card vanish. keep that in mind...

I'll go ahead and vouch for the strength of Lit. It's one of my go-to card effects as well. Works really well with Smoke as a lead-in too. Great 1-2 punch.

Not sure what the criteria is for "Top 3" in this thread (go to effects, effects I enjoy performing the most, effects that consistently generate the strongest reactions, etc.) but my top 3 go-to effects when I'm put on the spot and going for the strongest reaction for a while have been:

Smoke (Alan Rorrison)
Ring Flight (Ring Flight Revolution by Dave Bonsall)
Signed Coin Bend (John T. Sheets)

Dec 31, 2010
Wow I have so many favorites. I guess I'll narrow it down to:

1. Lennart Greens Card in Shoe. It is VERY fun to perform and it hits HARD
2. Cheeky Triumph. A stunning color changing triumph. It uses a trick deck, but I'll do what it takes to astonish. Genii July 2011
3. Card Bite. My own creation I will not say any more about.

Mar 15, 2011
I'm much more of a pure sleight of hand guy, and I rarely buy gimmicks, so my favorite effects are very sleight oriented

1. Coin bend of my own creation: I literally saw one of my friends, when I first showed him this, scream and yell bloody murder, cause he was just that freaked out, it was AWESOME!
2.my impromptu anniversary waltz: That moment where the fact that both of their signatures are on the same card is only just starting to register with them is priceless, then comes their actual yelling
Marcus Eddie's Stairway: I try to either improve upon, or just create my own magic as much as possible, but I honestly can't improve upon this effect, it is so elemental, so beautiful and it freaks out spectators and gets you tips! I tip my hat to you Mr. Eddie

Daniel madison's laspe using a single spectator
Card to mouth
Transpo using venus trap

I always go to these if im caught off gaurd. They have great reactions and arent too movey. And laspe has a risk of gettn caught, and that thrill of getting caught is always fun for me.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results