One coin routine

Jan 2, 2011
My one coin routine-
[video=youtube;FEhZTieq98I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEhZTieq98I[/video]

Oct 17, 2009
The routine was pretty good but you need to work on your presentation. You said 'take it like this' more than 5 times. You need you audience to be entertained and make them see something 'impossible'. Also maybe make it a bit shorter because you repeat the same effect ( make the coin disappear and make it reappear in the other hand) and it gets kind of boring after a few times.

i really liked the ending when you changed the coin to the biscuit though.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
My suggestion would to be to slow it down a little bit and have more meaningful patter or a story to go along with it. Your vanishes / appearances look good, however as mentioned there are so many of them. There is no need for that many to display your skill. I would just add a story and cut it to like 4 vanishes / appearances. The ending of course is good. Nathan Kranzo does something similar and changes 3 coins to little crackers.

Aug 2, 2008
Cincinnati
I agree about slowing it down and limiting the moves, as said above. Also, about establishing a better patter. I would add that when you vanish the coin, reproduce it in a different way other than showing it in the other hand. Otherwise you will condition the audience to just look at the other hand, which makes it boring and not magical anymore. Also, I would throw in a spider vanish as I think that would definitely help in this routine to throw the spectators/audience off. Good start though!

Jan 2, 2011
I agree about slowing it down and limiting the moves, as said above. Also, about establishing a better patter. I would add that when you vanish the coin, reproduce it in a different way other than showing it in the other hand. Otherwise you will condition the audience to just look at the other hand, which makes it boring and not magical anymore. Also, I would throw in a spider vanish as I think that would definitely help in this routine to throw the spectators/audience off. Good start though!
Thanks a lot man

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
The best one coin routine i have ever seen is garret thomas's big coin little purse, though its hard as hell to do and the items needed for the routine are hard to find and kind oc pricey.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results