Good walk around effects

I was just wondering what would be some good walk around effects? I want something that you can perform reasonably quickly, and packs hard. I was thinking two card Monte as one but it seems to be a bit long for a walk around effect, but then again it may just be me. I am open to any and all suggestions thank you.

Jan 4, 2011
My favorite would have to be sponges. Balls, squares, bunnies all of them. They have been my go to bit for many years. I don't know what to tell you other than sleights are the best for me.

Ang

Sep 4, 2010
-coins (silver copper brass, scotch soda, etc.)

-cards

-every day objects (pens, keys, rings, coins, shoe lace, etc)

bottle (sealed, bullet, flow

May 19, 2010
I love doing crazy mans handcuffs. Quick, easy, and all you need are two rubber bands. I also love sloppy shuffle triumph and a really cool sandwich routine I found in Apocalypse(the name escapes me) when I use cards. And you can't go wrong with a solid muscle pass. That always gets people's attention. But in the end the effects you use are the ones that you think will fit your style and it's the effects you like. So experiment. Hope this helps!

Aug 17, 2010
Coins, cards, sponge balls, colour-changing knives (or jump drives, etc.), a business card trick, some mental magic, three ball trick, a ring & string routine... sky's the limit.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Walk around magic can be very very fun and rewarding providing you put in the time to develop your sets and have great pocket management.

You need about 3 sets of 3 effects in which all of them have instant reset where you do not need to run for cover or go hide in a corner.

I currently use the following:

Free Will,Mismade Bill, Sloppy Triumph, UltraTelethought Wallet 2, CMH, Stargazer, Ring Thing, ACR, Invisible Deck and a few others.

Try not to open with cards as this sometimes turns people off right away.

Aug 2, 2011
California
I always start with a quick coin routine. Later in the routine when I bend over to grab a coin from behind my knee with my right hand I grab a pack of card with my left hand in my back pocket and visually transform the coin to a deck in there hands, and go into card tricks. It hits hard when the deck appears.

Jun 6, 2010
Nashville, TN
I always start with a quick coin routine. Later in the routine when I bend over to grab a coin from behind my knee with my right hand I grab a pack of card with my left hand in my back pocket and visually transform the coin to a deck in there hands, and go into card tricks. It hits hard when the deck appears.

I'd like to see a video of that. It's interesting to think of how the change looks. :)

Aug 2, 2011
California
I just video taped myself. I am new here to the forums, so I was wondering what is the easiest way to get a video on here. I don't have a YouTube account, and don't really want to make one right now. Thanks!

Jan 20, 2009
California
i do this same thing only with a jumbo coin and then go into a variation of gary kurtz Flurious, i used to do the deck appearance but the jumbo coin made more sense to me.

Aug 2, 2011
California
i do this same thing only with a jumbo coin and then go into a variation of gary kurtz Flurious, i used to do the deck appearance but the jumbo coin made more sense to me.

I do it as a transition into card magic because I do very little coin magic.

Jun 6, 2010
Nashville, TN
I just video taped myself. I am new here to the forums, so I was wondering what is the easiest way to get a video on here. I don't have a YouTube account, and don't really want to make one right now. Thanks!

Well first of all, I'd like to welcome you to the forums! :)

Second, I think you should make a Youtube account. It's really easy. If you don't want to make an account though, you can submit the video to theory11's media section. Just know that they don't accept everything.

Aug 2, 2011
California
[video=vimeo;27324261]http://vimeo.com/27324261[/video]
It's a little awkward bringing the table in, because I normally use the spectators hand. Also the camera angle is bad cause I leaned my phone against the wall. Lol. This is just a demonstration of the change, this isn't my short coin routine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 4, 2010
There are soo many walk around effects out there, it's just finding the right one's that suit your style. For me, it's the self-tying shoelace, De'ring, smoke, .44 by Daniel Garcia and one coin routines. Just look for effects that suit your style, that should be easier to choose rather than choose from everything at once.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Do you normally steal the deck from your back pocket when the left hand drops back or how do you do it surrounded? I'm just curious.

Dec 31, 2010
Do you normally steal the deck from your back pocket when the left hand drops back or how do you do it surrounded? I'm just curious.

I steal the deck from my back pocket with my left hand when I lean down to reach for the coin with my right. If I'm surrounded I either don't do it, or I have the audience come around to the front so they can see the coin appear, which distracts them from the deck steal.

Mar 10, 2011
For the most part, there's some good advice going around here. The only thing I could add is just to make sure that everything is manageable in your pockets and is comfortable. For example, I carry a deck of cards, three nails (blockhead), occasionally some razor blades and string(for eating), a magicians copper coin (Rick, you may be familiar with the Mundus Vult Decipi : Decipiator coin), and if I'm feeling silly and crude, two black four inch sponge balls behind my zipper. not one of these things is uncomfortable, and as an added bonus, the sponge balls pump up my junk. As for Rick, he must be wearing parachute pants to hold all of his stuff, in which case I will refer to him as "white hammer time".

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results