A new Rubberband Link

Dec 10, 2008
This is a rubberband link I've been working on tell me what you think of it.
[video]http://youtu.be/RvjlB0FAJxM[/video]

Jun 6, 2010
Nashville, TN
If there's no kind of set up, it could be pretty good. It doesn't look too fair because you're holding them both in one hand. There's tons of impromptu rubberband links that look better though.

Dec 10, 2008
Yes there is no set up but i think it looks more fair because theres no second hand to manipulate the bands.

Jun 6, 2010
Nashville, TN
Yes there is no set up but i think it looks more fair because theres no second hand to manipulate the bands.

That also makes it look a little bit unnatural too. I mean, if you could really link rubberbands with the power of magic, wouldn't you hold one in each hand and link them openly and visually? Holding two in one hand and covering up half of each one kind of looks like you're trying to hide something.

Maybe I'm just being over-analytical though. Honestly, it doesn't look bad. But it just seems a little fishy in my opinion.

I agree, I think it could become something awesome, totally fooled me at first, but after watching again. I think if you could make a way to hold it with two hands it could also look just as good if not better. Just my thought though

Dec 10, 2008
The one handed look makes it look more open and free to laymen ive been working on this for a long time and when you borrow two rubberbands hold them in one hand and just shake and they link it looks like pure magic. I have a two handed display also. Another plus is while they're linked you can shake and make them unlink, snap and let the band fall onto the spectators hand or you can pull the band for a visual unlink. I just always felt two hands looked so constrictive especially during my gigs so why not create one thats impromptu and held at the fingertips with not setup whatsoever. For the longest i performed 'raw linkage' but this link requires no knacky moves or 'get readies'. I do in coporate a few other links and if i dont you know whats gonna come (cmhc) lol

Nov 12, 2007
the only way that this would look fair to me (as a magician) is if you let go of one rubber band while they are linked so that I could see that it's not a 'double link' with one half covered. I know of several impromptu rubber band links that look a lot more realistic, but this would be amazing if you could show both entire bands not linked, then after the link occurs, drop one down to really show linkage, and then unlink them. Just that one subtle difference (if possible) would make this look so much better to me.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results