Psychokinetic Time

Sep 4, 2009
Can someone that has this book or even better performs it help me out because I really want to perform it but i am confused.
First, In his example of forcing the number he says it's a bad example because the watch moves forwards but why is it bad that the watch moves forwards?
Second, when the watch is already stopped and he asks the spectator to check the time but wouldn't they notice the second hand isn't moving?

Thanks for your help!

Jan 29, 2008
I perform PK Time a lot and the reactions are great. It isn't a HUGE deal if the watch moves forward but you it is better to make it move backwards because it is more impossible. A watch moves forward automatically....thats what it does. A watch isn't suppose to move backwards.

And nobody has ever realized their watch has stopped because that is not what they focus on. The power of focus is VERY strong. It is one thing for me to describe it but it is another for you to experience it so....get a watch and do this experiment with Derren Brown

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8E5Ehe3MeA&playnext=1&list=PLDE2CC061E5473195

It works because of what you concentrate on and that is the same principle when people look at the watch to see what time it is without noticing it has stopped.

Sep 4, 2009
Ok so when you move it how much do you move it by? Do you move it then see how much you moved it then choose the type of force, becasue its not very clear in the book. Which also brings up the question why wouldn't you just move it back in the first place if that's what is better.

Jan 29, 2008
Some watches move differently. You can move your finger down which will make one watch go forward in time but another might go backwards. Don't pay attention to this because if you keep looking down at the watch to figure it out then they will think something is up.

The effect is that you make the time move without touching it.

I never pay attention to weather it moves forward or backward until I've already changed the time. I also don't see if I should move it a little or a lot...I just move the stem and glance down to see where it landed.

Sometimes, it will only move 30 min and other times it will move 2 hours...depends on the watch. Either way, you have accomplished your goal. If the watch has moved more than expected (like 2 hours ahead/behind) then I don't have them think of a number. I just put the watch in their hand and go into the routine.

Jan 29, 2008
The force works but even if it doesn't then it is still impressive. It will happen several times when you say "what time is on the watch..7:14 right?" (you move the watch to 7:45 so you have to force 31) "Name a number between 10 and 40" (they say 26)..."Ok so I'll try to move the watch at least 26min ahead maybe more so it will be around 7:45"

It doesn't matter what they say because I tell them I will move the watch and it will be X time...the time I already moved it too :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results