Levitation

Feb 1, 2011
Hello ,
may i know what is the most practical levitation in the market, and by levitation , i mean levitating yourself , not a dollar bill or something .
Thanks.

May 12, 2011
FLY Levitation by Daryl Vanamburg. I have it. It's the best investment I made. Words can't describe the reactions of people. Only downside to it is the height of levitation is just like the Balducci. But really think of it. Which is a more realistic levitation? A high or low? Also you can rotate in mid air. That's a good convincer.

Warning: This is not as easy as it looks. You have to practice it well and adjust everytime.

I praise Daryl for his idea but not his stupid performance of this.

Uh Alex I think that levitation may be out of reach for most people. Raihan if your looking for a good self levitation you should stick with balducci if your doing street magic,but if your going more for stage then check out Levitator by Andrew Mayne. Theory11 doesn't sell it, but I think magicgeek does. Oh and if your going to buy it from them dont search for "Levitator" search for "Andrew Mayne" for some odd reason whenever I searched for Levitator it wouldn't show up. Hope this helps!

May 12, 2011
Agree with starthelegend about the balducci. Don't be afraid to try it. If you get caught, who cares? You're there to entertain.

Agree with starthelegend about the balducci. Don't be afraid to try it. If you get caught, who cares? You're there to entertain.

Yeah, and if you do get caught, make a joke out of it say something like "You wont believe how many people where fooled by this at my last gig". It worked out pretty well for me whenever i got caught by it. But when it comes to self levitation's on the street i would tend to just not go with em. Stick with levitating bills, cards, etc. I gotta say probably the best ITR i have is the tarantula by Yigal Mesika, but it is pretty fragile so you gotta be careful with it. But if your dead set on a self levitation for the street theres nothing wrong with the Balducci.

Nov 12, 2007
when it comes to the balducci, it's all about presentation... if you just say watch this, and levitate. You probably have about a 75% chance of getting caught. Here is my own personal style on the trick:

First off, I perform it from the front with my heel rather than from the back with my toe (this is probably exposure, but really, who doesn't already know it anyway). This seems to be more convincing and more motivated, because why would you need to turn your back to levitate? you would most likely face them. Anyway, it is a lot more difficult with your heel, takes a lot more balance, so practice practice practice. Also, I have them hold out their hands palm up, and I place my hands on their's palm down. I tell them to think the word lift on the count of three, and to slowly lift me off the ground. while I'm up I rotate slightly to one side, and then back (this takes a LOT of friggin practice). and then I tell them to clear their mind and when they do, I drop. I have used this presentation to fool people who knew the balducci. try your own presentation methods, or steal from me a little. Just don't say 'hey look' *levitate*... build the tension, take deep breaths before you levitate, act drained when you come back down. Balducci can be a killer self levitation if it's presented correctly.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results