Suggestions For Street Magic Card Routine

What do you guys think are really good tricks to perform right on the street? MEANING there is no use of a table.

I usually start with the two card monte, then a very basic form of ACR, and then I also like to do Here Then There. These are all very basic and most ALL magicians know them.

I just learned the biddle trick and I thought that was really cool, I haven't street tested it yet but am really excited to do so.

So all that being said, are there any good tricks that can be performed without a table? It doesn't need to be impromptu, I just really LOVE tricks that don't require a table. :D

**I dislike having to ask spectators hold their hands out and form a table with their palms**

Jan 5, 2010
Alabama
Any inversion routine (Chris Kenner's 'Perversion' is great')

Wayne Houchin's DVD 'The Art of Magic' has French Kiss and Carbon Paper AND twisting the aces.

The Invisible Deck

Any memorized stack effects.

That's some starters for you to check out.

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
There are many many ways to increase the power of your presentation. Most of them us in the presentation of the effect rather than adding new moves or reveals. Realistically the narrative performance of a ACR is very dry however Whit Hayden made mention that the mire powerful the effect the less presentation is required. Whilst I agree with it too extent I believe the scripting couldI be toned down however the stage direction portion of the script should be through the roof.

One aspect which a lot of you will disagree with is exploiting conflict in your presentation. All good stories use conflict in one way or another, basically the three common forms of conflict are man vs. man, the environment and himself. The initial phases of the ACR usually represent man vs man, in the sense that one person selects the card and the other one locates it. The environment (in this case the deck) can also become a conflict aswell, by using overt fair techniques and displays the spectator seems to get an upper hand, which in turn builds on the natural conflict built into the trick. Finally man vs himself is definitely one of the most under used plot devices in magic. Tommy Wonder uses it better than anyone, the conflict when watching him work the conflict extends to the magician vs the magic.

For this example I would recommend watching his ACR (of course, although it is more for the first two conflicts) effects like deja vu reverse, cups and balls and his coins across are all perfect examples of the magic fighting against him, he is suppose to be in control of the magic but in these demonstrations the magic has a mind of its own. If you want to discuss this further please do not hesitate to ask any questions.

Reactions: d_llusionist
Jan 5, 2010
Alabama
If you want a great presentation of the ACR check out Gregory Wilson's 'Point Blank'

It's an ACR with blank cards (back and front). It's a great routine, and pretty amazing. Also you get to give away a fused *miracle* at the end.

Bad Influence by Daniel Madison is perfect for involving multiple spectators. Ellusionist gaff deck effects are always a blast to perform as well.

I also frequently use Daniel Madison's "Advocate" gimmick. Multiple applications including an impromptu Invisible Deck effect.

Oct 1, 2010
What do you guys think are really good tricks to perform right on the street? MEANING there is no use of a table.

I usually start with the two card monte, then a very basic form of ACR, and then I also like to do Here Then There. These are all very basic and most ALL magicians know them.

I just learned the biddle trick and I thought that was really cool, I haven't street tested it yet but am really excited to do so.

So all that being said, are there any good tricks that can be performed without a table? It doesn't need to be impromptu, I just really LOVE tricks that don't require a table. :D

**I dislike having to ask spectators hold their hands out and form a table with their palms**
1- sandwich for mere mortal tony chang
2-subway dan and dave

3-biddle
4-card across dan and dave
5-time machine

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results