Best Advanced Card Trick DVD's/Books

Jul 23, 2011
I think i'm ready for the Advanced Card Trick DVD's/Books, i have got the Basics covered.

What are the Best Advanced Card Trick DVD's/Books?

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
If you really want to step into the big leagues, a great book to see the challenge is By Forces Unseen by Earnest Earick, written by Stephen Minch. That book will give you a workout!

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
The Berglas Effects for completely different reasons, this is the perfect of the book and it is echoed throughout the pages in the book:

While this is a book devoted entirely to the performance of card magic, any preconceived notions you may have about the subject must be discarded now - before you finish reading this page.

Forget tricks with elaborate stories.

Forget most sleight of hand.

Forget the notion of relying on sleights to get you out of trouble.

Forget mathematical card tricks.

Forget self-working card tricks.

Forget everything you have ever learned about card magic.

Within this book you wont find lots of tricks however you will find how to perform miracles with next to no sleight of hand, whilst at the same one of the most incredibly demanding card magic you will ever perform. Once you understand the concepts it gets a lot easier and your performances become natural to the point you can perform without thinking.

Jan 21, 2010
First off, I'll second Casey's recommendation of By Forces Unseen. HOWEVER, sometimes the descriptions are a tad hard to understand at first (as some slights are pretty complicated), and the routines themselves are very, very slight intensive and difficult. In about a month or two of practice I was only able to grasp two routines before shelving the book (I'll probably come back to it in a year or two when I'm better).

Second, I'll just put it out there that though it is nice to know some advanced routines, they are not always the ones that hit the hardest

Jul 7, 2010
People will hate on me for saying Surfaced, but I enjoyed the clipshift. I also liked The Trilogy and Bill Goodwin's Reflections

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results