Vortex Color Change

I watched this from my phone on mute so I didn't catch the presentation of it. The name slips my mind but the actual change has been done before. Ill post more when I'm off work, I need to double check but I'm sure its already been done.

Mar 12, 2011
I watched this from my phone on mute so I didn't catch the presentation of it. The name slips my mind but the actual change has been done before. Ill post more when I'm off work, I need to double check but I'm sure its already been done.
Someones already come up with this? Iv'e never seen it before so ya send me the name of it so I can look it up but I think it's probably a different handling since it's the same motion as the double lift I made up :p

Mar 12, 2011
The color change he is talking about is the Shapeshifter Color Change by Marc DeSouza. Same mechanics are going on in that change.
I know shapeshifter and it's the same principle but my execution isn't even close to Marc's in ShapeShifter. In fact I came up with this on accident when practicing my double lifts haha

Nov 12, 2007
it's way to similar to shapeshifter to be a 'new' color change, and your handling of it seems clumsy and not effortless. I think a good color change looks like you didn't do any funny moves. You don't want to leave the spectator saying "I don't know what he did, but I know he did something". You want to make them say "no, you can't do that... that's impossible".

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
On top of the fact that it is effectively Shapeshifter, your 'handling' provides a visual tip-off to the method, the card is visibly in a different grip after the change.

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
I know i'm currently trying to figure out how to fix that
Advice time: Stop calling it the vortex change and find a new direction.
There is no way you will improve on the shapeshifter change using those kind of positions and movements.
Another tip, work on your riffle double. I know it's not called a riffle double but it's early in the morning here and I'm not looking it up.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results