Rubiks Cube Average of 17 Seconds

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Congrats on your accomplishment. I hate those darn things...they make me one to chuck it out the window. One time a fellow teacher and I downloaded and printed some manual we found online on how to solve it using the steps and patterns. Needless to say after the first few pages we said forget it.

My fastest time ever was about 52 seconds. I used to have a bunch of speed cubes, and would buy the regular ones as well at the store too, and lube them up so they'd be better to work with. I think I still have them, somewhere... congrats on sub 20.

Nov 8, 2009
Wow, I've been working on it lately and I'm only at about 1:16 for my best time...
Might I ask what you lubricate the cubes with? Is it a specialty product or can you buy it in stores?

Sep 2, 2007
I have a generic Rubik's brand cube and lubed it with vaseline. It's no speed cube but still much easier to turn.

I used Jig-a-Loo to speed up my cubes, you can pick it up at home depot, you can also use CRC Heavy Duty Silicone. From what I've read petrolium-jelly AKA vaseline can deteriorate the plastic over time, and is not recommended. Also, If you buy the DIY cubes online specifically made for speed cubing, that will possibly increase your speed as well.

Sep 2, 2007
I used Jig-a-Loo to speed up my cubes, you can pick it up at home depot, you can also use CRC Heavy Duty Silicone. From what I've read petrolium-jelly AKA vaseline can deteriorate the plastic over time, and is not recommended. Also, If you buy the DIY cubes online specifically made for speed cubing, that will possibly increase your speed as well.

I've had the same cube for about 3 years now and it still works fine. Probably because I don't use it all that much and I'm not going for speed.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results