Fixing "Over Sprung" Cards?

May 29, 2011
Atlantic City NJ
I have a deck of Bicycle Shadow masters that handle beautifully when it come to cardistry, as it turns out they handle to well, they spring smoothly and look really cool when i do it with them, unfortunately they now have a bend in them that is affecting other flourishes, Does any know how to fix this? is from the two empty corners outwards (as in towards the back of the card). I've tried spring in the other direction but it dose not work.

S.G

Feb 9, 2010
I have a deck of Bicycle Shadow masters that handle beautifully when it come to cardistry, as it turns out they handle to well, they spring smoothly and look really cool when i do it with them, unfortunately they now have a bend in them that is affecting other flourishes, Does any know how to fix this? is from the two empty corners outwards (as in towards the back of the card). I've tried spring in the other direction but it dose not work.
Honestly, you just have to work with the cards and break them in (again if need be). Kinda sucks. If you want to avoid such problems in the future, you should always try and spring on both sides equally.

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
You're a magician, turn back time. Alternatively do the human thing and work them in to shape again like suggested above.

Sep 10, 2011
Cebu City, Philippines
I have that problem every now and then. What I do is leave the cards in the box for about 2-3 days and use another deck. After that the cards will naturally go back to its original bend (or close to it, anyway). Don't forget to break in the deck from time to time. Try giving both face and back a LePaul Spread, Riffle Shuffle, and a One-handed Shuffle. Do this as many times as you can until you feel the deck is ready for use. You're a cardist, you'll feel it.

I always find a faro helps to bend the card back the other way after excessive springing. Even the occasional dribble helps. The great thing about E decks is that they can be bent back out from bent conditions due to their think stock.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results