Where do you get your inspiration?

ATH

May 1, 2010
Hey,
I don't post much here but I made a video for TheCardist.net's narration contest and it sucks so I need some feedback to help me improve. :)

Here's the video:
[video=youtube;Swka7zdcxGY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Swka7zdcxGY[/video]

(FYI it was 105 degrees and windy outside at the time)

So, in posting this, I want to ask you guys (and girls) where you get your inspiration to create new moves and practice. As portrayed in my crappy video, sometimes when I lose inspiration I need to get a little perspective.
So what about you?

MichaelJames

theory11 artist
Sep 3, 2007
United States
First off, very nice vid! I seriously enjoyed it a lot. The camera angles and narrative made it interesting to watch, and by actually including sound, it made it all the more entertaining. One thing you could improve on is color correction. The contrast was so high that it was a bit distracting. Overall though, nice vid. I loved the way you shot the flourishes toward the end. It almost captured the perspective of an 'outsider' and how they see flourishing. A very unique perspective. Nice!

What inspires me? Design. Typography. Art. Music. Fashion.

I thought your moves were pretty sick and the video was well done. Now I am not Michael Herp so take everything I say with a grain of salt. I thought it took a little long to actually get to the flourishes which isn't exactly a bad thing just something to point out and due to the angle in which it you shot the flourishes, you blocked mostly everything you did in your left hand which took away from the moves. Just my thoughts.

ATH

May 1, 2010
First off, very nice vid! I seriously enjoyed it a lot. The camera angles and narrative made it interesting to watch, and by actually including sound, it made it all the more entertaining. One thing you could improve on is color correction. The contrast was so high that it was a bit distracting. Overall though, nice vid. I loved the way you shot the flourishes toward the end. It almost captured the perspective of an 'outsider' and how they see flourishing. A very unique perspective. Nice!

What inspires me? Design. Typography. Art. Music. Fashion.

Wow thanks! Funny though, I didn't notice how high the contrast was until you mentioned it. I totally rushed the color correction because I was tired of editing...oops.

Just curious, what is it about fashion that inspires you?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results