Revolution Cut - Variations in mechanics

Sep 3, 2011
My question is, witch way you do the Revolution Cut, and what you think about other variations?
All techniques is more less the same, except the third finger motions, when rotating and gripping the upper packet with the first (index) and thrid (ring) fingers.

- Brian Tudor (in Show Off) and The Virts (in their new tutorial) do it by twisting the top packet a little bit and reaching with their third finger arround the upper packet (half of the deck) and grabbing it between first and third fingers.
- Dan & Dave Buck (in their Flourishes 101) do it by pushing up on the botto packet and when the bottom packet s raised, third finger is in position to grip it with index finger and continue the revolution.
- Andrei Jikh (in Genesis 1) and Daniel Madison (in Lethal,Dangerous and XB2) do it by do it by extending and reaching with their third finger arround the lower right corner of the upper packet (almost to touch the thumb) and gripping it in standard index-ring finger position. (The difference in between the first and third variation is that in this last version, ring finger doues most of the work, and reaches further, but the first version is almost a combination of other two)

I can do it all three ways, with a good speed, but not so fast like Andrei Jikh in Genesis, but i am sure that speed will come with practise.

I hope that it is not too confusing, and that you will be intrested in this thread. Sorry for maybe a poor english in some parts

Sep 3, 2011
I like both, but in his method, upper packet rotates a bit unusually, not completly circular, hard to describe.

Sep 10, 2011
Cebu City, Philippines
Andrei's Revo is quite knacky if you noticed but it has a certain flare which looks good when done full speed. Personally, I like the three, I try to incorporate one or the other in the different flourishes I do. In the end, it all comes down to personal preference.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results