Tell me why?

Aug 21, 2011
why we spend our life doing magic and flourishes i have tried to stop doing magic but cant live without playing cards lol why all of us bother himself learning new move flourish etc why we do this we are not normal people :D

Oct 17, 2010
Newport
totally agree, magic has practically taken over my life, i'm doing it as a career now :), but for how long, ive tried to slow down and look at other options but i just keep coming back to magic, its like a drug, sucks people in and creates a massive addiction :)

Well I do magic as a means to entertain people. To inspire, create, and educate. Some do magic as a hobby. To develop dexterity, or hand eye coordination. Others look to it as a way to just be the center of attention among friends, and peers.

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
I've oft spoke about Magic as a drug; a seemingly innocent thing that becomes the kernel of personal obsessive-compulsion antics and what could become a major emotional disorder, especially when it comes to playing cards. There's no real clinical explanation to this other than maybe the subliminal "metaphysical" (psychological) energy of the pasteboards and how they affect our mental processing; a form of self-hypnosis in which we convince ourselves of being someone. . . something "Special".

The Magic Addiction is progressive and frighteningly expensive as an addict moves deeper and deeper into the various rings or levels of study; some victims willingly investing tens of thousands of dollars into a single trick that he/she may never end up using more than a few times during the course of their "career". Should success shine on them this sort could end up with millions of dollars tied up in inventory while their family resides in a lower-middle-classed suburban home or apartment, the performer enduring a number of unhealthy relationships and in many instances, slipping easily into the abyss of the darker addictions, like alcoholism, drug addiction and sexual promiscuity. But then, that's show biz!

Over the past three + decades I've tried ardently to just walk away from all of it but each time I think I'm safe they drag me back in!

It might be someone with a routine issue or I might spot the perfect setting for a particular style of program, but the long narrow hand of Magic reaches out and snares me once again.

We really need to put warnings on the covers of magic books much as they do with Tobacco products.

Aug 21, 2011
totally agree, magic has practically taken over my life, i'm doing it as a career now :), but for how long, ive tried to slow down and look at other options but i just keep coming back to magic, its like a drug, sucks people in and creates a massive addiction :)

totally agree with u its like drugs we cant leave it :S the problem is i love magic but on the other hand i must leave it because i cant live my life as normal person while doing magic :)

Well if you love magic so much then why stop? And remember its ok to take like a two month break from magic, i have taken like a 2 year break, and when i started up again It was like a small spark started a forest fire.

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
No such thing as "normal people" in my opinion but I learn/practice magic for others, not for myself. In almost any situation, magic can make you the most interesting person in the room. The opportunities in magic are endless, whether for personal or financial gain.

Jul 18, 2011
UK
I do it for a sense of achievement when I show someone a trick, they feel moved by it or shocked. So I feel a sense of satisfaction that I have performed it well.

I stopped doing magic for 10 years, but just recently back again in full swing, only ever performed once for money in a restaurant so I still class this as a hobby for now.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results