Would you buy this on The Wire?

Jan 31, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
As a stand alone change it probably wouldn't go for a high value, if you teach an effect you do with it, you could get more, if you have applications for it besides the change itself you can get more... It is nice... but price will determine how well it sells, that and how deceptive it is to the consumer, If I felt I can decipher it myself I may not be willing to spend too much to find out if I had the basic idea... there are a lot of factors to consider when you market it. It may be good to speak in your demo video as it will give your consumers a chance to determine how well your teaching may be.

I personally couldn't say if I'd get it based on the video alone without a price and all the other stuff I've mentioned.

Sep 7, 2008
It's a neat color change, but do you have any uses for it? Since it's very restrictive, as the card that changes in below another one, you would need to provide a context to use the move. Most people wouldn't have one in mind, and they would be less likely to purchase it.

Sep 6, 2011
The Netherlands
Thanks for the advice. I'm glad you like it :). It's pretty angle-sensitive though but since It's more of a one on one move a front view angle is most natural/common.

Sep 6, 2011
The Netherlands
As long as you find some applications to it like introducing that into a sandwich for e.g. it would really sell. I like the color change. How are angles?

Thanks for the advice. I'm glad you like it :). It's pretty angle-sensitive though but since It's more of a one on one move a front view angle is most natural/common.

Jul 11, 2011
Pretty nice move there Pieter, Not to buy thou but a free tutorial, to short of a move to sell but a great visual.

Maybe release it for free or for like .99 cents to get your name out there, or just sit on it until you can come up with an original effect to go with it. Looks nice though, but I personally would not pay money to learn that specific color change.

Nearology

Elite Member
Jan 30, 2011
Well the change is really beautiful and the thing I agree with alot of people is that if thats it,then I will not buy it but if you could introduce that sleight to create some applications,then it will be great

Sep 21, 2011
When I first saw this it made me think of a trick by Shin Lim called Shin Splint. The trick is fabulous and Lim has incorporated his move into a presentation. Do a seach, watch and develop your sleight into a routine. Good Luck!

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I would not buy any submission where the creator lacked confidence in his/her own creation. If YOU are not sure whether people will think that it's good enough to buy it... Why should anyone else? -My generic answer to anyone posting a topic about this question.

As for the move itself - Eh. It's fine. But as everyone has said - it needs a context. Having two cards start out in the position is pointless. If you're gonna sell the move, SELL it - sell what it can do. I don't need a colour change for that oh so frequent situation where I'm displaying two cards in a visually uncouth manner. But if you give it context, then maybe I can think of a time when I could work with a move like that. Then it might be worth considering.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results