Finale

Aug 28, 2011
Hi,
I pretend to create a new routine of visual magic i have already the opener and introduction but you can give ideias for these ones to but the question i really want to ask is:
Can someone tell me a good finale?
Thanks and sorry if my english was bad

Joao

Wayne Houchin uses his effect Counterfeit Hollingworth to hand out his business card, so you could do a torn and restored business card, that is a pretty cool finale (if you have business cards, and if you don't just use it as a TnR on a playing card). repAIR on the Wire looks really awesome as well. I'm not sure if I would use repAIR as a closer, but maybe you could work into it, for example, perform repAIR, and then finish with Pressure.

Aug 28, 2011
I loved the idea of Counterfeit Hollingworth i really forget that effect because i saw the video and didn't worked on it (i dont know how is that possible being an awesome effect like that one...)
I will definitively try it.

Good idea too but my routine is with cards (sorry, i forgot to write it) so i think that it will go to seem a bit strange that i suddenly reach out for a balloon don't you think?

Thank you for the reply :D

Sep 2, 2007
London
I think a good finale depends on what's gone before. I think the strongest finales are like a twist at the end of a film, smashing your preconceptions of what's gone before, and leaving the audience questioning everything they've witnessed. So, for example, if you've done a mentalism set using an NLP or body language presentation, you could finish with a convincing PK or spoon bending demonstration. All through your performance, the audience think they get it, they have an idea of what's going on, but then the final effect blows all that out of the water and they have nowhere to go but astonishment.

So, if you're performing a card set, think about your silent script. What do you want your audience to believe you're doing? Are you harnessing a supernatural force, are you psychic, are you a road-hardened cheater? When you know that, then you can work out how to subvert that with your finale.

I hope that's helpful!

Aug 28, 2011
TeeDee yes it was helpful thanks :)

Yes Rockerrich but could you give examples?

I think that i already know what i am going to do, i will, at the end, after doing the last effect say "this was just an illusion it never happened you just imagined all this, or do you want to believe it was real?" or something like this, i am still developing this idea so you could give hints if anyone has something similar to this.
What do you think?

Jun 23, 2011
Quito, Ecuador

It really depends on the type of trick, and the situation. The most visual color change I know is the clipshift, however it's difficult to actually master it and perform it. If you're looking for a simple solution try the ego change, for transpos...well most transpos are already complete tricks, you may want to check out DVR or Tivo 2.0. but I insist, it relies on the specific kind of trick because it may be that the method can't be adjusted to the context of the routine

Sep 2, 2007
London
TeeDee yes it was helpful thanks :)

I think that i already know what i am going to do, i will, at the end, after doing the last effect say "this was just an illusion it never happened you just imagined all this, or do you want to believe it was real?" or something like this, i am still developing this idea so you could give hints if anyone has something similar to this.
What do you think?

Maybe look at effects where the cards end up in new deck order, or turn into a solid block, or some other condition which "proves" it must have all been an illusion.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results