I want to learn stage and impromptu hypnotism...?

May 18, 2010
I have Reality is Plastic and the Manchurian Approach but am wondering if it is possible to learn hypnotism just from books/DVDs and going out and practice. Should I get formal training before practicing on others?

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
I have Reality is Plastic and the Manchurian Approach but am wondering if it is possible to learn hypnotism just from books/DVDs and going out and practice. Should I get formal training before practicing on others?

The methods that I use are the ones from both sources you mention. They are gold.

I think that the biggest thing that you need to have is confidence, and it is something that you get with practice (a lot ) seriously, I looked ridiculous at first trying to get them into trance receiving glances like "should I close my eyes or what?" I looked like a fool, but I think that the biggest thing that goes towards succes with subjects it is the way that you present yourself, and all the work and the way you talk BEFORE you start with your stuff.

I have been performing Hipnosis for some while now, and while I know that I don't know a lot like other people, PM me with questions and maybe I could tell you a thing or two that may come in handy ;).

Hipnosis is great. But it is not like magic, give it the respect it deserves and take full responsability about it, it is something serious. There is a big difference between messing up a trick and messing up a suggestion that could go wrong. believe me .

Any questions just Pm me man, and Ill try to help you as much as I can :D

Jan 2, 2011
the reason i dont like hypnotism much is because its completely false and fake.In my opinion it only looks good
with cards but not random s**t like ya now i can tell whats goin on in ur mind and S**t

May 18, 2010
RDChopper, thanks for the help. I do understand that it is not anything like magic as I do quite a bit myself and I will dedicate myself to it as I do with anything else I undertake.

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
Start with this book

Reality is Plastic

Then pick-up Ormond McGill's Encyclopedia of Stage Magic, it is the "bible" of this particular arena. You may also look at the material out by Bob Cassidy and Kenton Knepper. More than anything TAKE A COURSE ON HYPNOSIS AND GET CERTIFIED. While the world is rife of fools that refuse to take that step, those that do are far more protected on the legal front than those who don't. In some areas there are actually laws and ordnances that govern mesmerism, even when used in entertainment, with a very rigid arm, so don't be lazy!

May 18, 2010
Lol, its all good RDChopper. At least I know that I made a good buy.

@CraigBrowning

I'd like to take a course on hypnosis but it isn't available anywhere close to where I live. I will however look into Ormond McGill's Encyclopedia of Stage Magic and probably pick that up.

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
I'd like to take a course on hypnosis but it isn't available anywhere close to where I live. I will however look into Ormond McGill's Encyclopedia of Stage Magic and probably pick that up.

There are actually a couple of actual courses online, that give you a certificate as a professional hipnotist. Im not going to lie to you, Im not sure if those could actually help in case of a legal problem, but it's worht checking them out.

Thakfully I don't have that kind of restrictions over in my country :)

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
Lol, its all good RDChopper. At least I know that I made a good buy.

@CraigBrowning

Find a local college, check with the Psych department and see what they offer. Tell them you are interested in Eriksonian Hypnosis.

BTW... show biz stinks when it comes to actually relying on it for a living, by being certified you can have an instant day-job & rather lucrative career. By knowing both sides of Hypnotism and a decent level of genuine psychology, you can travel like a mad man and more than pay your way. Jerry Valley was the headliner on the Queen Elizabeth for something like 18 years, he's one of the legends in the industry; he, Ormond and Arnold Furst were probably the top noted pioneers of stage hypno shows during the 50's & 60s'with Pat Colins the "Hyp-Hypnotist" laying the industry wide open during the 70's (look her up, she was a phenom!)

Arnold & Ormond both, had legit world as hypnotherapists. Ormond penned close to 100 massive books on clinical hypnosis as well as the Encyclopedia, several biographies on magic legends and more. He was a wonderful and wise soul that I wish I'd spent a lot more time with when the opportunity existed.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results