Part of theory11 team?

Jul 31, 2011
LA LA land
probably not, I was just curious how these (seemingly) random people became part of the team... again, I'm not asking of anything, just curious :)

Jun 6, 2010
Nashville, TN
You don't contact them. THEY contact you. First, just get your name known around the magic community. Be a normally helpful contributor on the forums. And if you grab their attention somehow, they'll come at you with the offer.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Ha Ha. Well...there is a 2 week hazing period in which you will undergo extreme conditions both mentally and physically.

I had to tie 100 Loops in 10 minutes, make slush powder from scratch, recite quotations from Expert at the card Table, eat a thumb tip with a silk inside, make a diorama out of a mirror box, and other things that I am still having recurrent nightmares from. I can't even discuss them here.

All kidding aside, we have many members that go above and beyond when contributing to the forums and helping others with their expertise. Please do not contact us, we will contact you if we feel someone fits a position that needs filled. Always remain positive on the boards and do not "put down" others. We should all be doing this anyway.

I'm not certain that there are any openings as of right now but that does not mean there won't be a position in the future. I can think of about 3 gentleman who I know of right that would be a great fit on the team.

Jul 31, 2011
LA LA land
Guys, seriously, I'm not trying to join or anything (ive only been in magic for a year, and I don't exactly have a resume), I just was curious how people would become part of the team, since I doubt they advertise a job offer, or something like that. Sorry for such a weird question... it occurred to me as I posted this it sounded like I was trying to get a job, but whats done is done :)

Jun 6, 2010
Nashville, TN
Guys, seriously, I'm not trying to join or anything (ive only been in magic for a year, and I don't exactly have a resume), I just was curious how people would become part of the team, since I doubt they advertise a job offer, or something like that. Sorry for such a weird question... it occurred to me as I posted this it sounded like I was trying to get a job, but whats done is done :)

It's all good. We all have questions and some of us have answers. :)

Sean.Cinco

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Orlando, FL
www.seancinco.com
To be honest, I was emailing back and forth with Jon Raiker when he was still part of the team and then out of the blue, he just asked me if I wanted to be a mod. Since then, I haven't been as active as I used to be with school, work, and The Blue Crown taking up most of my time (not that it's a bad thing). But yeah, bottom line is contribute positively on the forums and give the staff a chance to get to know you through the forums and if we think you'd be a great fit, then you'll be contacted.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results