The Ultimate Heckler

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
Hey guys, Rob here! I like reading performance stories, so I though you guys might wanna hear this! Myself and two of my friends went out performing tonight. Ultimately, it was a great night!

My favorite part was when we were performing for a few girls. We had performed quite a few tricks for them so I said, "Since y'all are so awesome, I'll teach you a trick! Could I borrow a ring?" She took it off and said "You can use this but PLEASE be careful, it means a lot to me!" I think I may have gotten some devilish grin...I knew this was gonna be good. I did ring thing (where the ring jumps from the middle finger to the index finger and back) I then taught them how to do it. It was night time. I said something like "pretty clever, huh?" and then, I chunked her ring. They saw a flash of the silver under the street light and heard it land inside some bushes about 15 feet away. The look on the girls face was priceless. Her eyes then got super watery (and she may have shed a tear or two). I said "Come here, I know it meant a lot to you." I gave her a hug, kept my arm around her and said "That's why I made sure to practice this...pretty cool, huh?" as I said that, I gave her a thumbs up. Her ring was on my finger. Her friend screamed, and she freaked out hugged me again and teared up even more!

Definitely one of the most awesome reactions I've ever gotten!

Now, of course, that wasn't "The Ultimate Heckler." That came at the end of the night. We drove back to a different part of Galveston Island to perform. A place called The Strand.

Just a heads up, some of what was said is kind of offensive.

Also, I should note this - you see, we were all in costumes. Myself in a chicken costume, Dalton in a parrot costume, and Zack in a penguin costume. Why? Because it's funny! I don't care if I'm doing magic or not, as long as I'm entertaining, making people laugh, and having a good time! That's exactly what the costumes do...all kinds of people approach US, take pictures with us, joke with us, watch our magic and even tip us quite a bit!

Anyhow, we pulled up to The Strand and got out of my truck and started getting set up to go perform. There are 3 of us. A group of six guys walk up. One of them asks why we are dressed up. Dalton said "just because it's fun! It's funny and we are out here performing magic! You wanna see something cool?"

The guy replied "Nah man..." He walked off and then said something. I didn't hear so I asked Dalton what he had said. He told me that the guy called us fags. I simply laughed. The guy turned around, started cussing us out and threatening me from the other side of my truck. I simply listened. Then I noticed one of his friends was standing next to me. It seemed like he was trying to calm things down.

I ignored the other guy and looked at his friend and said "Listen, we aren't trying to cause any problems. I wasn't laughing at you guys by no means. I apologize if it seemed that way. I don't want any trouble, we are just out here to do our thing and have a good time." I then shook the guys hand.

He looked at me and said "Good, you better apologize because I don't want to get convicted for a hate crime when I have to beat the s*** out of a few f***ing fags that think they can do some magic tricks." He turned around and walked off.

I then looked at Dalton and said "are you kidding me?"

Sure enough, guess who came back? All six of them. They ALL got in my face and were threatening to kill me and all kinds of other things. Dalton and Zack, at this point were trying to break things up.

One guy then told me that I have 5 seconds to get into my truck. He started counting down. I unlocked my truck, we all three got in and I went to shut the door. He was holding it open. I pulled with both hands. The guy who was originally threatening me runs up, swings my truck door open and get this...

The dude cheap shots me and punches me straight in the eye.

All six of them then took off running. I got on the phone with the police and, even though we saw the guys again, and called the cops AGAIN, justice was not served, and that was the end of the night.

My eye is a little swolen and kind of cut, but it didn't hurt too bad. I took it like a man! Haha!

Moral of the story? I guess, be careful when dealing with drunk people!

Apr 30, 2008
Sweden, Vänersborg
Lol. Just the other night a couple of friends and me were out drinking. And we met these 3 dudes in costumes and we called them fags and I hit one guy in the eye and.....oh...Well this is akward.

Jun 20, 2009
near paris
it's very hard to know what to do is that kind of situation, next time when somebody is threatening you keep your distance just by saying him not to come too close

You shoulld have made them disappear.

LOL!

I have never had any violent hecklers... but I have had my fair share of them.

What can I say? Haters are gonna hate. Just laugh it off and go on with it. Now the cops not listening... they should have. If they were drunk... public intoxication.

I hope your eye gets better. :)

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
You shoulld have made them disappear.

LOL!

I have never had any violent hecklers... but I have had my fair share of them.

What can I say? Haters are gonna hate. Just laugh it off and go on with it. Now the cops not listening... they should have. If they were drunk... public intoxication.

I hope your eye gets better. :)

Yeah we called 911 twice and nothing. When the cops first showed up, the first thing they tried to do was pin it on us for being out past curfew (we all look younger than we are) They were asking our age, and checking ID's before they got into who the people were and everything. It was kind of ridiculous.

I guess when some one calls you a "fag" or whatever you should just not say anything until they are gone... Because they wait for you to say something while your walking away to pick a fight or what not. If you don't mind getting into fights then go ahead and say something. But as adults fighting can be dangerous.

Either way stay safe!

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
Wait what!?. You have curfews where you live?. Tell me more about it.

No, we don't have curfew. We are all over 18. We look younger, so they thought we were breaking curfew and tried to blame us because of that but they couldn't since we are all over 18 and don't have curfew

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Wowsers...this was definitely and interesting read tonight. That is quite the story. Actually where I live kids under 18 have a curfew as well and are not allowed out on the streets without and adult. It is weird but it makes sense. Most things after dark involving young kids outside usually amounts to trouble. Now not always...but...a good deal of time.

What would have been even funnier is the 3 of you in costumes beating the crap out of 6 dudes out in the street. Ha Ha.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results