Will Simple Moves Get Me Rejected?

Aug 4, 2008
keller texas
I have a number of original tricks and slights that I would like to get out there and see used by other magicians. But im worried about spending a lot of time making a video only to be rejected for something stupid. My main, and only concern is that i will be rejected for using a simple move that was used by someone else previously. Example: the spinning flourish used before the Jones Change by dan and dave. No part of the change is used, just the rotation that sets you up to do the change. Would something like this get me rejected?

Thanks,
Andrew

Aug 6, 2011
As long as the move itself is original it has a chance to be accepted. My own flourish has been rejected and I spent quite a while on it. If it doesn't get accepted, keep practicing and refining the technique until you have something more original. If you do spend a lot of time in the video, you could upload it to youtube if you don't want your time to have been wasted.

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
As long as the move itself is original it has a chance to be accepted. My own flourish has been rejected and I spent quite a while on it. If it doesn't get accepted, keep practicing and refining the technique until you have something more original. If you do spend a lot of time in the video, you could upload it to youtube if you don't want your time to have been wasted.
Just a random question (not worth a new thread), but do they tell you why it was rejected? Are they specific or general?

Aug 4, 2008
keller texas
Sorry, i dont do this forum thing much. Everything i have is totaly original and based on no other tricks. Im just making sure im not dealing with the "SS" of the card magic industry.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
This is what they wrote me "...appreciate your submission and excited to see more of your work. That said, our panel did not believe this particular production was original enough to warrant a new release." So they give a small reason but I doubt they'll ever go into detail on who published the idea before you and so on. For me when I asked why my effect was rejected they just said that while it may be origional it is not origional enough

Aug 6, 2011
Just a random question (not worth a new thread), but do they tell you why it was rejected? Are they specific or general?

This is what they said:

Unfortunately, your effect "Keirstrider" has been declined for publication on The Wire - the official theory11 marketplace. Don't worry - this could be due to a number of reasons specified in our established guidelines.

http://www.theory11.com/wire-guidelines.php

REVIEWER'S NOTE :: Hey, appreciate your submission and excited to see more of your work. That said, our panel did not believe this particular production was original enough to warrant a new release.

Our approval process is based on quality of your creation, originality of your creation, and of course, abiding by copyright laws and regulations. While we did not feel this particular effect was a good fit for The Wire, we encourage you to submit new creations in the future.

// theory11 crew

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results