The Vortex Deck - Revealed

The Vortex Deck - Image updates!

Pre-order now: http://aethercards.com

The backs and box arts are live. These are prototypes and actual photos, NOT concept art. Welll, the last one obviously is, though I believe having life-sized and sentient pips would be a dream come true.
299422_177068199036534_171491812927506_370242_2052882886_n.jpg

299422_177068192369868_171491812927506_370241_1366503803_n.jpg

vkq6g.png

You can follow progress and stay up to date on the Kickstarter launch via our Facebook and Twitter.

Also, we did finalize our decision to use Premium Aristocrat stock, and the magic finish. Below is a full list of features (some more cool than others).

These are actual photos, NOT concepts, of our prototype decks. I am constantly tweaking the design, so I would love feedback.

I made a new thread because the last one was Twitter-related and I want to move away from advertising and move towards getting the community involved in making this sci-fi inspired deck of cards as good as we could possibly get it.

List of features:
  • Available for pre-order October 10th, 2011 on Kickstarter.com Valid debit/credit card required
  • Printed by the famous United States Playing Card Company
  • Utilizes Premium Aristocrat stock
  • Enhanced performance with the brand new Magic Finish
  • Unique, custom card backs
  • SymmetryPip™ layout
  • Custom pip designs w/shadowing effects
  • Science fiction themed
  • Enhanced, borderless court cards
  • 100% custom card box
  • Custom seal-sticker that makes opening a deck actually tell a story
  • Only 4,000 decks will ever be sold to public
  • Over 20 hidden reveals and messages throughout the deck
  • Thinner, drop-shadowed borders for luxurious fans
  • Subtle one-way back design
  • Custom Jokers w/built-in reveal
  • Custom Ace of Spades
  • Unique gaff card with several different gaffs incorporated into it
  • Only $9 a deck if pre-ordered via Kickstarter
  • A bonus card that will remain a secret until the first deck is opened, launching a contest that will last a lifetime
  • Hidden hints about the second edition Vortex in the tuck box
  • Custom colored tear-away strip

Thanks in advance, guys. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
Oh god here we go again with teasers. Your cards are nice but we don't need 6 "teasers", people will already buy them because they've seen the design.

#OperationAntiHype

Mar 12, 2011
Stunning! This is me Colt413 from YouTube by the way I love the additions to the backs you made since we last spoke they definitely enhance the look I can tell you are going for. I will be buying some for sure! Keep us updated!

-Colt

Oh god here we go again with teasers. Your cards are nice but we don't need 6 "teasers", people will already buy them because they've seen the design.

#OperationAntiHype

Who is this "we"? I totally respect your disdain for them, but others do seem to receive them positively. As much as I would love to please everyone, I can't. In my view, teasers aren't for hype this far into the game, they are to show off elements of the deck in the way I want them shown best. In the latest case, I got to start a bit of a story that I wanted these cards to have, instead of just posting the Jokers full on.

Still, thank you for the compliment, good sir. :)

@Colt: Nice to see you on the forums! I'm glad you like the designs, and I will make sure to keep you guys updated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 12, 2011
Who is this "we"? I totally respect your disdain for them, but others do seem to receive them positively. As much as I would love to please everyone, I can't. In my view, teasers aren't for hype this far into the game, they are to show off elements of the deck in the way I want them shown best. In the latest case, I got to start a bit of a story that I wanted these cards to have, instead of just posting the Jokers full on.

Still, thank you for the compliment, good sir. :)

@Colt: Nice to see you on the forums! I'm glad you like the designs, and I will make sure to keep you guys updated.

The "we" is when I contacted you about your deviant art post and how I loved the design and how the designs are very nice now. And I do receive them positively. Thats all I was saying. Great job anyways though!

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
By we I mean the magic community. You have a good design, let that speak for itself.

Apr 20, 2010
How much is it costing to do this run? I'm assuming it's at least $3-4 per deck and you're doing a run of 5,000. I only ask because my friend made a back design (that honestly isn't that great), and wants it mass produced, I want to talk him out of it ;).

The decks look nice, good luck with sales!

How much is it costing to do this run? I'm assuming it's at least $3-4 per deck and you're doing a run of 5,000. I only ask because my friend made a back design (that honestly isn't that great), and wants it mass produced, I want to talk him out of it ;).

The decks look nice, good luck with sales!

It costs $12,000 to print, and $8,000 to do our free shipping. Hence the $20,000 goal.

"Mass produced" may be a bad idea. When you go above 30,000 decks, you're only paying about $1.50 per deck but on the other hand...30,000 decks.

The 5,000 I will be receiving will take up an entire closet when they arrive here. 30,000? Hmm. :p

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results