The Vortex Deck - Revealed

Feb 7, 2011
Yeah im gonna side with formula on this one. Is this really necessary once or twice a week? More and more of these custom card teaser threads keep popping up. It's not exactly interesting forum material. There isn't a basis for discussion, only compliments and requests for more images, which will be out next week, followed by almost the exact same comments. I guess im outnumbered in my argument as these threads seem popular enough, but i dont think im entirely alone when i say this isn't what the forum is for. In fact it's a bit too close to breaking the no selling or trading rule. Start a website of your own, which i believe you are doing actually. Then advertise your website here, but not every week. Then hype the life out your cards there man. Ill be the first to say ill go to it to check out what cards you're working on from time to time. But every hype thread lowers the standard of the forum. Fact.

Kevin.

Kevin, just because people are praising doesn't mean that's the only goal of these threads. On various outlets I've received constructive criticism that has literally changed major aspects of how the cards look.

I always appreciate positive feedback, but the reason for posting the "teasers" is to not only garner interest, but to see what interest there is and find ways to create interest based off of the discussions.

Still, don't think I don't care what you think. I've had requests from people asking me to update this thread, most likely because not everyone wants to go through our Facebook, Twitter, etc. I release a new image on the Facebook once every few days, but I update this thread when I compile several new images to avoid spamming it.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
If people are interested they will support. Too many of these threads are simply advertising new cards and asking for support or money. Consider this now closed.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results