Michael Jackson pumped to put illusion in show

RickLax

<b><a href="http://www.theory11.com/artists/Rick-
Sep 26, 2011
Las Vegas
ricklax.com
I'm just now watching the prosecution's opening statement in the Conrad Murray trial. A couple times, the prosecuting attorney mentioned how excited Jackson was to add some big illusion into the show. (Sounds like MJ passed before they actually got to put the illusion in the show.) Of course, this wasn't Jackson's first illusion. He loved doing that stuff on his tours. And Britney does it, too. Got me thinking.... What do you guys think was the best illusion ever performed in a non-magic show?

Feb 7, 2011
I dont have an answer for the question. But you might like to know, i believe Jackson had hired David copperfield to be his support act during his residency in london, the shows he was rehearsing when he died.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Like AKong, I thought the quick change act in Katy Perry's show was pulled off rather well. I'm not up to date with my knowledge of non-magical acts that use a touch of magic within their shows, however another one I know of was Alice Cooper "cutting off his head" years ago (Thanks Rudy Coby from EMC for that information ;) ). It would have been marvelous to see some magic in Jackson's show.

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
If you do a search of National Inquirer front covers you'll find Franz Harrary levitating Michael in a living room.

Franz has had a very long term relationship with the Jackson family, creating things for Janet (every wonder why the Multiple Cutting cabinet is called a "Janet Box"?) Michael absolutely loved magic and Franz was one of his key effect developers.

Jul 13, 2009
I liked the use of the Cloak illusion in Teller's version of Macbeth. You can get the dvd of the play directed by the magician through Barnes and Noble. Here is a trailer:

[video=youtube;Q_i3EKnxUhU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_i3EKnxUhU[/video]

Dec 20, 2009
Mumbai, India
I saw Katy's concert here in Orlando over the summer. The quick change looked even better in real life, and of course, I was the only one who got really excited when she did it while my girlfriend just sang along and shook her head in embarrassment at the same time.

Haha, I can imagine, I would've felt the same way :p

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results