Saturday Night Roundtable - All About The Wire

Aug 30, 2011
Hi,
I want to know what you do if you get a video with pretty bad quality but the trick itself is absolutly amazing.

Aug 2, 2008
Cincinnati
Let's say I have my own handling of a Coin Routine. And lets say it uses the Han Pen Chien move. Are the only tricks that you are accepting for The Wire completely original, or do you also accept different handlings? Or is more a case by case basis?

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
I love how innovative the idea of the wire is. So was this the original purpose for Theory 11, or a long shot idea that you guys had as a side idea to the online magic community/store?
How do you think the wire will affect magic sales for your site?
How/when did the idea first come to you?

Dec 12, 2010
Do you plan to keep developing the wire? Sort of like, do the download links only work once? And there's a different one every time? Thanks!

-Casey

CAndrew

Elite Member
Jan 12, 2011
Do you think people might be branded as "Wire" magicians like people are branded as Youtube Magicians and be lest respected(or maybe even more respected)?

Oct 9, 2010
What stopped the wire from coming out earlier (not that I'm at all disappointed/mad with the timing)?

Sep 4, 2010
How does Theory11 feel about the intentions of the members who submit videos? There may be a large portion of members who create these videos just for the money, rather than out of passion for the art. If this is a concern, how is it being addressed?

Jan 12, 2011
Southern England
What is going to happen to the compatibilty issues with the wire. As trying various computers over the UK, theory11 struggles to open and features longer loading times than other such similar sites. With these issues, are we going to see them increase so to keep a higher user base?

Jan 13, 2008
For those members who wish to collaborate on a release (someone has a good effect, but they know someone who would be better suited to film and produce it for them, for example), is there any way for each member of the team to be paid individually for the single release or would one member of the team have to be trusted to accept and distribute the money to the rest of the team in a fair manner? And to extend on that further, if it must be paid to one member of the team, are there any legal avenues one could take to protect themselves financially in such a situation (just some broad suggestions would be fine, since obviously there are different laws in the various states and countries)?

Thanks for hosting yet another Roundtable! I look forward to hearing it. :)

Dec 11, 2010
California
1. How is it decided that a product is "good enough" for The Wire? Is there a boad of people who review the effect? Is it just one person deciding? Does it have to be a certain quality?

2. What are some ideas that Theory11 is planning on in order to make "The Wire" better?

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results