Classic Pass:Tips Please?

Jan 16, 2011
Hello all,
I recently just started with the classic pass, which I am having trouble with. I usually don't do this pass, I substitute a Invisible Turnover Pass(Expert Card Technique) for this. I need some tips that will help me. So, if you happen to have some tips for me, please write on the forums, or PM me :)

Thank you,
Harry Potter

Sep 3, 2008
ny
Pass

Start out slow, learn how each finger should be moving before trying to do it fast, get it right. Once you get the basic motion down you want to make to somewhat fast but more smooth than anything. Personally I wrapped a rubber band once or twice around an old deck to build up the repetition and strength to do it with no effort, like breathing. Once you take the rubberband off the move will get a lot easier.

Feb 18, 2011
Under your bed
If you are already familiar with the basics, buy the Brick Pass from TheBlueCrown.com and just do that. Alex Pandrea has the best Classic Pass in the world, as far as I'm concerned.

Also:-

The right hand should hold the bottom packet with all four fingers.
The pinky should go in about the length of the whole first phalanx.
Don't wait to do it after returning the card to the deck, just distract your spectators, and do it without even thinking (crazy fast).

^These all work for me though. I dunno about you.

Nov 27, 2009
I've just sent you a PM with a link to a video I did on the classic pass. This video was made to address specific questions from a more experienced card magician, but I think you may find something useful

Here is an interesting thing I found:

Don't try to pull the top packet sideways. This never works. Instead lift the packet that is clipped up. For some reason this made the move click for me. Lift up on the top packet while pivoting the bottom packet up. This works best when you start with the deck almost perpendicular to the ground as with a gravity half pass.

Jan 16, 2011
Thanks guys, this has helped a lot :) A couple more questions: how far should your right hand fingers go on the deck, middle, last or first phalange? Does it matter where you put your first finger of your right hand and the first finger of the left hand? Also, how deep should the deck be in mechanic's grip: at the finger tips, middle, or into the palm? Thank you again :)

Aug 2, 2008
Cincinnati
I highly suggest The Pass 1-on-1 from Jason England. I purchased this a year ago and it was great. About a week ago, I realized I needed to go back to the fundamentals for the move. So I re-watched it. It has helped a ton. He talks about the classic pass and the ways to cover the move, i.e. dribble, riffle, jig, etc. Then he goes into applications. One of these applications I had never thought about, but I think is ingenious. I highly recommend it to you.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results