Paid To Perform -MARKETING... READ THIS

Jan 29, 2008
For awhile I've been giving away free marketing advice on my blog...this time, I created a newsletter.

In the newsletter, I'll be giving away tons of new stuff like recordings of gigs I book with clients (a step by step process), how I marketed my public show at $55 per ticket, restaurant training videos, etc.

The website is here.... www.PaidToPerform.com

This newsletter isn't for everyone. You will hear live recordings (even my most recent one yesterday...$1,000 gig for 45 minutes of strolling) and you will get a real sense of how I run my business. If you're the type of person that gathers tons of information but doesn't use it then this isn't for you. NONE of this will work for you unless you actually implement it.

Go to the website and sign up if you want all the info ;)

Jun 1, 2009
Thank you so much! I've been working on trying to get other restaurant gigs, and this will really help.

Jacob

Jan 29, 2008
I'll be talking about restaurant gigs and give everyone live recordings of gigs I book with clients :)...so the stuff people get when they sign up will be more detailed that the stuff in my youtube videos

Nov 8, 2007
Just wanted to say I've been watching Benji's videos the past week or so and if you want to get paid to perform you should really sign up for this. He's giving away some great, real-world information and advice for free here. The solo "$20 tip trick approach" is something I'm going to start using. Clever, my friend. ;)

Good stuff, Benji.

Jan 29, 2008
Thanks Mat

Wait till you get the $1,000 45 min strolling gig video with live recordings of the conversation :)....There will be TONS of info in this newsletter.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Benji, I couldn't help but laugh and smile to myself at your "tip" trick. I had heard of it before from a book or DVD but didn't really know anyone who had followed through with it. That is a great idea and perhaps something I'll try sometime. How do you keep a straight face when the waiter comes over? Ha Ha. Anyway, outstanding videos that you shared with those of us who watched them. Thanks again.

Jun 1, 2009
I've learned a ton from the videos. I have a few questions on some things, but I don't have time to write them all up right now. I am going to try the "have you seen me perform before" approach this weekend and see how it goes though! Thanks a lot Benji, really appreciate it.

Jan 29, 2008
Rick - it is funny when the waiter comes over :)...but I've done it soooo many times that I think in my head it is real lol. And a lot of times it happens genuinely when a real customer comes over and gives me a tip...which is even better.

Jacob - I should be able to answer questions. The "have you seen me perform before" is very interesting and you will see it in their faces. It's hard to describe until you've experienced it :)

But that approach is the beginning of what I call "Performing Like a Businessman." The only reason I haven't talked about this style in detail is because I'm not sure if magicians are ready for the concept yet. It is almost like you have to change the way you "see" your performance.

But I adopted this style because I hated it when people would say, "Oh give me your card, we are going to call you" and then they never do. Or when I used to hand out my business card to anyone and very few called for gigs. Once I started "Performing Like a Businessman" I got more people to hire me and they way in which I perceived interactions completely changed.

An example...I used to hate it when people would say they're not interested in seeing me perform. I would say to myself, "They don't know what they're missing. I'm REALLY good and they have no idea. What a shame."

But once I started Performing Like A Businessman, I saw their rejection in a different light. When someone says no, I say to myself "I'm glad they said no. They just qualified themselves to me and now I know they won't hire me for a gig...because if they're not willing to see 5 minutes of me, then they definitely wouldn't have paid a lot of money to have me out for a private gig. I'm glad they didn't waste my time."

Another example is the way us magicians fill in "dead time." If you're having a card signed by several people...then you have dead time to fill. Most magicians will go into a story or make a joke to get people laughing so their isn't dead silence. But when you Perform Like A Businessman, the way you use that dead time is completely different. I'll probably talk more about it at another time

I hope that stuff makes sense :)

But the "Have you seen me perform before" approach is the beginning phase to Performing Like A Businessman (I just wanted to book more gigs so I adopted a certain style that I haven't told other magicians about).

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results