Has this ever happened to you?

Nov 27, 2010
Me: hey remember me......
Girl: no not really......why?
Me: (pulls out cards)
Girl: OH MY GOD!!!! you're the card man!!!! Do a trick! Do a trick!!
Me: is that all I'm known by???? :(

Just curious....has this ever happened to you???

Nov 27, 2009
I get stuff like that every so often. I try to be known for more than just magic though. I'll use magic as an ice breaker and then I'll stop and just be a friend. Sometimes, people I meet don't even know I'm a magician until I tell them, and sometimes they don't find out for a while. I like it that way.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I can't say I've heard those exact words but I will have people come up to me in my community and say that they've seen me before either performing magic at a show or twisting balloon sculptures. It is even more powerful if you actually remember their name too because then they feel like you really made a connection with them.

Nov 19, 2010
all the time man I'll have people sign a card for a routine and let them keep it and I'll see them months later and they'll pull the card out of there purse sometimes a wallet it's always a good feeling even though I am only known as that guy who does magic

Jun 1, 2009
If you are really bummed about the situation, then you need to play it better. I perform for different people every weekend at the restaurant where I work, so I can't remember everyone, but I'm known as "the balloon guy" or the "magic guy." Which is fine, because that way they know who I am, and they call me over and I get some business going. If it's at school or something though, your friends should know you first as who you are, rather than what you do. If all your friends care about is you doing magic, they aren't really your friends. My friends rarely see me do magic, because it's not all that I am. If "girl" in your situation is someone you have a crush on, then you need to get to know her more, then introduce magic. Better yet, find someone else, and don't perform for them until after a while, and even then make it something quick and not a huge deal.
It depends on the situation, if you should be happy about it or not.

Jun 6, 2010
Nashville, TN
Not really, usually people recognize me before I start doing magic. But if the only interaction I have had with them is from me performing for them, I won't really feel too bad because we wouldn't know each other on a personal level. It is actually something refreshing when you performed for someone over a year ago and they remember the trick you did and WHO you are.

But as said before, if "magician" is the first thing that comes to mind when people at school think of you, you should probably change that. I don't like being just the "magic guy" or even worse, "card guy" to people I interact with on a daily basis.

Sep 7, 2011
Brazil
ww.ibj.co.nz
Me: hey remember me......
Girl: no not really......why?
Me: (pulls out cards)

I don't think BlueSpade1000 is bummed out at all, i think this is the reaction he/she is after. When the girl replies negatively ... BlueSpade1000 pulls out a deck. What other reaction could you wish for? To answer the question ... yes, i get it all the time but without the prompting of ... Hey, remember me? I think magicians will always be known as 'The magic guy', and i think this is a good thing. Even better if they remember your name, and better still if they remember your name because you are a famous magician ... which, i DON'T get very often.

I'm known as the card guy in my social circle and my social circle's social circle.

At parties, social gatherings, or literally anything else that involves a group of people, I am often greeted with "So show me a trick" while everyone else gets "Nice to meet you!"

Aggravating at times, and flattering other times.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results