Update on Advertising

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Hey guys,

I know in the past week or so advertising has gotten a bit out of hand and we are going to start cracking down on it. I have no problem with a member coming on here and "telling us" about a new project they are working on or asking for advice. The post needs to have more depth and content. It simply cannot be to draw more attention to your product and / or ask for support through money or subscribing to one's channel. These will be deleted immediately and especially if we see the same "topic" or item being posted in multiple threads. As always, if you are selling an item, by all means include it in your signature if you'd like.

Recently as noted by many members, we are getting Kickstarter threads or links to Giveaways to draw attention to Youtube channels / subscribing and such. These need to stop. I don't want to be "big brother" and I feel like that is what is starting to happen. Any blatant advertising is NOT going to be tolerated. I along with some of our other mods will try to catch as much as possible so that it is fair to all.

If a theory11 artist or some other magician is lecturing in a city and they post that information, I tend to leave that for everyone's benefit so that if you are in that location, you have a chance to possibly attend.

Let's keep this a friendly environment where we all come to learn and enjoy magic. Networking is a powerful tool and I've met some great people here. Thanks to your understanding I have confidence that we will move forward and our members will use their best judgement prior to posting something that potentially will cause a problem.

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
We appreciate it guys. We don't want to be playing Big Brother here, but we won't let theory11 go down that road. We all have seen communities where things have gone the wrong direction for too long. It is sad because there is no going back.

If you have a project, we want to support you and help you. If you want money, this is not the place.

Keep it real.

L

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results