Vertigo by Rick Lax

And are you going to create a new thread on T11 for every blog post you make?
Learn to use RSS and implement a feed source on your site. That way people who are actually interesed in your blog can get updates.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 30, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
And are you going to create a new thread on T11 for every blog post you make?
Learn to use RSS and implement a feed source on your site. That way people who are actually interesed in your blog can get updates.

Yes, with all of my reviews I will be making different threads. As far as I understand, that's what the Product Reviews section of the forum is for, someone correct me if I'm wrong. I apologize if my posts upset you so much, it is purely unintentional.

SteveF

Elite Member
Nov 3, 2010
[R.C];371926 said:
Yes, with all of my reviews I will be making different threads. As far as I understand, that's what the Product Reviews section of the forum is for, someone correct me if I'm wrong. I apologize if my posts upset you so much, it is purely unintentional.

Other product reviews are reviews that are posted in an actual thread. All you do is link to your website. Granted you do have a review to share, but you're just disguising the fact that you are advertising for your own site at the same time. If you wanna share a review, you should actually put the review in a Theory 11 thread, not a link to your website. Then it will be less annoying.

Nov 30, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
Other product reviews are reviews that are posted in an actual thread. All you do is link to your website. Granted you do have a review to share, but you're just disguising the fact that you are advertising for your own site at the same time. If you wanna share a review, you should actually put the review in a Theory 11 thread, not a link to your website. Then it will be less annoying.

I'm not trying to disguise anything Steve, I am trying to get people to come to my website. That's the entire purpose of posting the review on my site; we're trying to get people to come in and read it. Again I apologize, I was unaware that links to other websites annoy you as well.

SteveF

Elite Member
Nov 3, 2010
[R.C];371939 said:
I'm not trying to disguise anything Steve, I am trying to get people to come to my website. That's the entire purpose of posting the review on my site; we're trying to get people to come in and read it. Again I apologize, I was unaware that links to other websites annoy you as well.

Not only is it annoying, but it might be against T11 rules. Either you can't promote your own website via T11 forums OR you can't promote your own website to sell stuff. Either way you just admitted that you're only USING Theory 11 for personal gain. And I quote you on this, "That's the entire purpose of posting the review on my site; we're trying to get people to come in and read it." If you selflessly wanted to share a review with others, you would simply create it in a T11 forum and not put a link to your site. So even if it's not against the rules to use the T11 forums to get attention drawn to your own website, it still doesn't make you look good when you admit you're only using T11 forums for your own website gain.

Nov 30, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
Not only is it annoying, but it might be against T11 rules. Either you can't promote your own website via T11 forums OR you can't promote your own website to sell stuff. Either way you just admitted that you're only USING Theory 11 for personal gain. And I quote you on this, "That's the entire purpose of posting the review on my site; we're trying to get people to come in and read it." If you selflessly wanted to share a review with others, you would simply create it in a T11 forum and not put a link to your site. So even if it's not against the rules to use the T11 forums to get attention drawn to your own website, it still doesn't make you look good when you admit you're only using T11 forums for your own website gain.

Steve,
I do all of my reviews in close contact with the Theory11 team. I talk with them throughout the process and they are quite aware that I post my reviews here as links to my site. So I can reassure you that they have not yet had any kind of issue with me doing this.

Also, I'm not "using" Theory11. I am working with them. They produce great products, which gives me a chance to write thorough reviews of things people want to read about, and then I post links said reviews here. This helps expose my site to more people and clears up many common questions people may have about the product. Not only does this save the T11 team time from answering some of the same questions repeatedly, but it promotes discussion and generates more interest around the product.

You are correct in saying I'm not "selflessly" sharing my reviews with others. If my attempt to bring in traffic for the reviews I spend hours creating, working on, writing, and polishing offends or otherwise bothers you then please feel no pressure to come to my website.

Jun 6, 2010
Nashville, TN
Guys, chill. I don't mind just clicking a link and reading a review on another site. Why is it bothering you so much? You're gonna have to read it anyways. I don't see why you're so upset about it. If he has good quality on his site, and actually links something thats relevant to the actual post, then it shouldn't be a problem.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results