Balean Twist - Will I be able to perform it?

Hey guys,
I had a question about the Balean Twist: I use a different finger placement than the standard for a card spring; will I still be able to perform it? Will it just take more practice? Or am I just out of luck?
I've included a video of myself just doing it so I won't have to try and explain in text and leave things unclear. Any help would be appreciated. I really like the effect, but I don't want to spend money on something that's going to be extremely knacky for me, you know? And I'm aware it's inherently knacky, I just mean without having to relearn something.
Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pg2_zR7dGrI

Oct 23, 2011
The spring to accomplish the Balean Twist is pretty much like the standard spring (taught in genesis vol 1) but there is one slight modification which i can't tell you because i might reveal the method . So , i'm afraid you will have to relearn the spring ...

Last edited by a moderator:
I just looked: someone from the forums, who had the link to that video, disliked it.
Now, I'm not saying it was the best video ever, but what kind of troll would dislike a video from someone asking for help about a product?
It was just so people would see my finger placement. Couldn't they just write it here what's wrong, did they really have to dislike it?
Seriously... that's just disheartening. And to think... I came here for help.
Lesson learned: don't post videos asking for help; people will just hate on it without offering an explanation or any type of assistance.

Last edited by a moderator:

MichaelPenkul

Elite Member
It's up to you if you think the effect is worth relearning the spring.
By all means, you can still spring like you normally do, and just use that particular type of spring for the effect itself, like I do.
I still spring normally and only do the changed finger placement when I want to do the Balean Twist.

However, I've got one variation you can try -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVnnJcCCjOs

This is the method I use most often now ;)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results