A few gambling moves.

Aug 2, 2008
Cincinnati
Since I don't practice gambling moves, I can't really give you much constructive criticism. However, I can tell you that most of the moves looked reallllllly good. Keep it up.

Jul 14, 2010
Croatia
I'm also not a gambling expert, but I'll try to comment:

The first video started great, but you got a little sloppy near the end. Still, I wouldn't worry too much, since the camera angle was not the most grateful one, and all of those moves probably look much better in person.
Related to second video, I see that you got the mechanics down pretty good, but I have to ask you why do you practice? Do you want to cheat at cards, use this moves in a poker presentation or do you just like some good old magic based on this moves? If you're not practicing just to amuse yourself, I would advise you to focus more on those "other" cards, the cards below or above the controlled card. Specifically, focus on where they land, imagine you're dealing a poker hand to 3 other guys and yourself, you wouldn't just be throwing the cards all over the place like you did in most part of your video.
Your controls are awesome and I didn't saw your palms during the first watching, just the way it should be.
The switches are good, but keep in mind that it generally looks more natural if your hand doesn't rush to the edge of the table to ditch the cards immediately after the switch.

Like I said, I'm not the expert on these moves, and besides the second deals (which I can do fairly well) you're way better than me, so keep up the good work! :D

Chris W
Thanks. You say most, could i ask which ones didn't? just for my own improvement.

renome
i practice primarily for my own entertainment, however i'm not writing off the idea of being an advantage player at some point in my life. As for the second deal, I can hit specific spots, however here i'm just dealing at speed for most of the video, and for the purposes of the video I saw no need to make this clear. Personally in a real game I probably wouldn't use a second, not because I don't think it can be used, but because I think there are other moves, that i'm better at, with in my opinion more application. Similarly with ditching the cards in the lap, more for the purposes of the video. Thanks a lot for your advice and complements.

Ross.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 4, 2008
The guy who posted this thread( http://www.penguinmagic.com/discuss/viewtopic.php?f=10002&t=161004&p=1262968#p1262968 ) is a former gambler. He has been retired for some time but if you are looking for questions as to weather your stuff is good enough for a table or if the moves you are practicing are even practical you might consider contacting him. There are also a few guys at the Cafe who are real gamblers though I don't really post at the cafe so I really wouldn't know who to refer you to?

Most of the advice that most of us can give you is in the realm of creating compelling gambling demonstrations for entertainment purposes. On that note I can say that I liked what I could see. You might work with a push through shuffle. What you were doing looked good but I just didn't like it. Your handling of it was fine...I just didn't like the look of the move. One of your card mucks(the one where you count through the cards) looked pretty bad. I could actually see you insert the second packet. Most of your other mucks looked really good though. I'm no second dealer(still working on my bottom) but even if I was I think it would be difficult to give you constructive criticism. First you are using border-less cards. That's fine for the laymen but if you want constructive comments then you are only making it more difficult for "experts" to see what you could improve on. Second the lighting is low. Third the video quality could be better. If you really want someone to tear apart your moves to help you improve then give them every opportunity to see exactly what you are doing. Turn up the lights, zoom in the camera, and use a boardered back card.

Overall I think you are doing great. I focused on the bad but only because it seemed like you were looking for what to improve on more so that just getting an ego boost.

Cheers,

cheers.

do you mean count through the cash, i agree that that one looks pretty bad. i also agree that the zarrow is quite poor, and i prefer a push through, I just haven't filmed one yet. as for video quality, that's more a case of my resources, but I will try to improve it, as with lighting.

Thanks for the advice, i'll work on the timing on the muck, and try to improve the zarrow.

Thanks again. Ross.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results