Dude?!?! give me my cards back!!!

Nov 27, 2010
Don't you guys hate when random people at school....or even your friends take your cards, hold them hostage, hide them, or worse run away with them.

For example:

Me: (I put my cards down without the box and when I turn for a quick second they are missing)"hey wheres my cards"
Classmate: (classmates around me start giggling) I don't know...
Me: Come on man...can I get my cards back...
Classmate:I don't know where your cards are (giggling)
Me: Dude, I know you took them you were right there...I'm not playing give them back...
Classmate: (giggling) I told you I don't have them!!
Me: then why are you laughing!( I turn to the person next to him) okay where are my cards...
Classmate2: I don't know.....(giggling)
Me: *sigh* you guys are acting like 2nd graders where are my cards!!
(I turn my head to write the notes on the board and I see the people looking at me and giggling even more)
Me: where are they !!!!!!
Classmate: I don't know...stop yelling at us...we didn't take your cards( giggling)
( this goes on for like 10 miniuts until class is over)
( I see my classmates leave class passing my cards to each other walking away...)
(they give my cards to a girl to give to me then they said, "see we never took your cards" while laughing)

I never got a chance to put the box on the cards. When I got the cards back the edges were filled with sweat and scum from the sweaty hands of my classmates. I was so angry, because it was a new deck. When they took them I did not want to do anything crazy like threaten them ,because the girl i like was sitting next to me, also I did not want to get in trouble. What would you guys have done if this happened to you???

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
ahhh this is soo high school. i remember those days...too bad it wasn't too long ago.
If you act like the cards aren't a big deal to you then they won't take them. you probably spend the whole time playing with them in class or in front of your friends right? it shows that you care too much about cards and so they mess with you. to them its just paper thats why they mess with you,tease you.
You shouldn't be messing with cards in class to begin with. If you act mature so will they.

1) Grow up and learn to handle your social issues. There's no online help for those being socially awkward.
2) Don't bring your cards to school, it's not a good practice environment. Instead of being a normal, social person, you provide lots of reasons to be made fun of. What would you say if some colleague of yours was to bring his teaspoon collection at school and started to polish them every ****ing second of the class? I, for example, train boxing as a second hobby. That's not a reason to come to work in sports attire and start boxing with my shadow.

Learn to adapt to various social situations, inadequate behaviour doesn't make you the center of attention; It makes you look stupid / trying too hard to impress, thus the laughing-stock of your company.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 20, 2010
@Steve, While I agree on most points, I think that school is the most accessible way to practice showmanship. Not something you would do all the time, and most definitely not during class, but when there's free time and there's a lull in conversation it's worth breaking out a trick to break down nervousness.

Jul 2, 2011
Californiaaa
What? How old are these "friends" of yours?
This is pretty much inevitable at schools...I've had classmates tear some of my cards in half because I'd refuse to show them a card trick (because I didn't know any).
Keep your valuable decks at home. I just bring worn-out ones to school, so they can't get much worse.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
There is a very simple solution to this problem. Don't bring your cards to school and don't perform for your friends AT school. This should easily get rid of the problem and cause them to not look at you like you're a dork.

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
Don't put your cards down. When you do put your cards down put them in the box in your pocket.

My friend group ranges from mid to late twenties. When we're out for a casual drink I would put them on the table but a few of my friends would pick them up not understanding that they may be sold out, expensive or that I just don't want them messing with my tools. A few of my friends are electricians, I don't go playing with their expensive tools do I? Long story short, I try not to put them down now and when I do I tell them to f-off and get their own cards if they want to play with them.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results