D&D Website Warning

May 9, 2008
I'm on a PC, I get "MALWARE DECTECTED" screen and tells me I could get a virus if I proceed. *sigh*

I'm not risking it guys until it's fixed.

bentley

Elite Member
Nov 23, 2007
Pretty much the same thing happened to me, and I wasn't even on my own computer. Not saying it's D&D's fault, but it happened right after going on their site and just a little while before the warning started showing up.

No doubt that it was NOT D&D's fault. I was just letting them know that a virus is in their site. Someone had to have hacked it or something. It's a bad virus as well. Yeah I didn't get the warning until it was too late.

Sep 12, 2011
Asheville, N.C.
No doubt that it was NOT D&D's fault. I was just letting them know that a virus is in their site. Someone had to have hacked it or something. It's a bad virus as well. Yeah I didn't get the warning until it was too late.
Actually, yeah, let me re-word. I know it is NOT their fault, I don't suspect them of wanting to maliciously destroy the computers of the magic community.
I just hope it's fixed soon.

bentley

Elite Member
Nov 23, 2007
Actually, yeah, let me re-word. I know it is NOT their fault, I don't suspect them of wanting to maliciously destroy the computers of the magic community.
I just hope it's fixed soon.
I know what you meant. I am the same I hope it's fixed soon. It's weird that this and their youtube has been under scrutiny now.

Jul 14, 2010
Croatia
Virus or no virus, don't you guys have Anti-Viruses? Enabled firewalls (those of you who are on PCs, anyway)?
What happened to some of you sucks, but either your Anti-Virus software was outdated or non-existing, since I'm on their site almost every day and although I did get the warning nothing happened to my computer.

Apr 20, 2010
According to google it appears to be a CPA virus (connents to cpa.info.**), which means it's really unlikely it will affect your system in the way you described (wiped files/removed internet shortcuts). It's designed to make money, not to kill your computer.

bentley

Elite Member
Nov 23, 2007
Well I have no files anymore and just got back my internet shortcut. I got rid of it but all my files are gone.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results