Magic Conventions For Poor Kids

Nov 25, 2007
This post has been edited due to the amazing responses and assistance I have received here... you guys are awesome! Cheers...

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
Magic conventions are essentially like any other conventions out there. magic dealers have booths or tables set up and they just use them to sell extra DVD's or Books. Sometimes there are lectures and sometimes you can session with other Magicians (though most of the top guys will just be busy trying to sell their DVD's and books.).

I do know that Magic-Con is going to happen sometime in April and it's supposed to be totally different than most magic conventions and will be less about buying new DVD's or books and more about brainstorming with other people in the Industry.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Ash, we have one here in Ohio called the Battle of Magicians that only runs around $90 bucks and that includes your ticket to the main palace headliner show. It is always the last weekend of April or first weekend in May. It runs from a Thursday evening to a Saturday evening. Of course you would still have to pay for your hotel room for 2 or 3 evenings as well though and any money to buy items at the dealers tables. I can get you info if you are interested.

bentley

Elite Member
Nov 23, 2007
Idk where you are located, but we have a great convention in NC too. It is relatively inexpensive and the has amazing talent and sessioning. www.tricsconvention.com

It would help to know what state you live in BUT there is a fairly cheap one in Pigeon Forge, TN called Winter Carnival of Magic. Hotel is 50 dollars a night plus 150 dollars for the convention (includes tickets for shows). It's a good price for anyone in the area.

Nov 25, 2007
This post has been edited due to the amazing responses and assistance I have received here... you guys are awesome! Cheers...

Last edited by a moderator:

bentley

Elite Member
Nov 23, 2007
Well battle of the magicians like said above OR if you want to go on a big convention trip if I'm not mistaken some have a scholarship. Tannens I think has a scholarship and maybe some others.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results