help with preforming cardistry

Nov 17, 2011
iowa
this is my first post, im new to the forums and i hear this is a good place to ask for advice so im here asking any body who might read this that i really need some really good advice on how not to be nervous when preforming cardistry and its not like i get over work or anything its just i need that little something to make it go awy for good.

PLEASE HELP!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 17, 2011
iowa
well damn didn't know this was english class... anyways i would like to know how to not be nervous while PERFORMING* is that better?

Nov 17, 2011
iowa
yes it might be a stupid question but im going to be perfoming for like over 1oo people so thats why i asked im good with showing small groups of people i would just like a nice helpful reply

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
how experienced are you in cardistry?
All I can say really is focus on the task at hand, everyone is there to cheer for you. not against you.
What works for me sometimes is i go up to my crowds and conversationally say hi, wave to people, get psyched up to perform for them.

Nov 17, 2011
iowa
im like about a year and a half in and im not the best so i really have to learn some more moves im kinda of an intermediate/beginner

also thanks for your feedback and it helps more than you know

Jul 14, 2010
Croatia
Stick with the familiar material and remember that even a simple Charlier cut can look very impressive to an audience when done in both hands circulating around each other. People are generally not familiar with cardistry and that's your biggest advantage, so the sole fact that you don't need to do a perfect Pandora but can impress with a spring and a couple of cuts should help you a lot.
Also, try to write down the chronology of the show, something like choreography and memorize it, you don't want to rely solely on improvisation if it's an official performance that 100 people will attend. Knowing what you will do next should keep you a little calmer.

Best of luck!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results