Good Card Tricks

Dec 9, 2011
Can anyone recommend any beginner/intermediate card tricks?

EDIT:Both :p for example "Design for Laughter" in TRRTCM is simple but gets a great reaction. I don't have a problem with complex tricks you could suggest, but nothing that requires years upon years of work please

EDITEDIT: Thank you everyone for your kind replies

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 9, 2011
Um.....A guy by the name of Cody Nottingham has a Good beginner/intermediate card trick out. I don't know him very well, but I heard you can buy it here:
And this is actually completely impromptu Mr Nottingham? It seems to good to be true for $5

Jul 14, 2010
Croatia
I wouldn't really define Bucks' effects on The Trilogy as the "beginner" material.
The biddle trick, any card to mouth and Do as I do are the first effetcs that I thought of, but I also recommend that you buy The Royal Road to Card Magic by Jean Hugard and Frederick Braue, it's a great learning source for all kinds of card effects and an endless source of inspiration.

Best of luck!

Sep 3, 2011
Middle of nowhere NY
Oh darn renome, I was about to suggest Royal Road, haha.

Start simple! I taught myself a double lift and there's a million and one simple but hard hitting tricks that you can do with that. I'd say learn some sort of ACR (ambitious card) routine. Some sandwich effects are really good too, and there's tons scattered across the magic communities. I haven't actually bought any, just invented my own, but you could check them out.

Practice makes perfect, good luck!

Oh darn renome, I was about to suggest Royal Road, haha.

Start simple! I taught myself a double lift and there's a million and one simple but hard hitting tricks that you can do with that. I'd say learn some sort of ACR (ambitious card) routine. Some sandwich effects are really good too, and there's tons scattered across the magic communities. I haven't actually bought any, just invented my own, but you could check them out.

Practice makes perfect, good luck!

Pretty much what I would of suggested! Actually this is what I still do!

Dec 8, 2011
Allan Ackerman's Prequel Sequel is a very strong version of macdonald's Aces. It starts and finishes clean. You can borrow the deck also.

Sep 20, 2010
lee ahsrt 5 cards stud.. hard but will last you a liftime.. good magician know 3 magic tricks but he can do it perfect/ the best tip for the start

Jul 13, 2010
People say this a lot, but I call b.s. If you went to a magic show and the magician only did 3 tricks, you would be pissed. it would be over in less than 10 minutes.
I agree but I think it is not meant to be taken literally. It is only an orientation to emphasize the fact that it is more important to do something masterfully than doing many things half-hearted (beeing a jack of all trades, master of none).

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
People say this a lot, but I call b.s. If you went to a magic show and the magician only did 3 tricks, you would be pissed. it would be over in less than 10 minutes.

That's due to two things. 1 - It's frequently misquoted/misunderstood. It's three "effects" not three "tricks". And 2 - Your concept of a trick is probably what we see these days, ie: a 30 second stunt with no real background story or presentation.

That's due to two things. 1 - It's frequently misquoted/misunderstood. It's three "effects" not three "tricks". And 2 - Your concept of a trick is probably what we see these days, ie: a 30 second stunt with no real background story or presentation.

1 - I used the quote feature. The person I quoted said tricks, so the quote feature posted tricks.
2 - If you haven't seen me preform , then you don't really know anything about my magic. So really your just making an assumption about someone you have never seen, met, or held a conversation with.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results