Access - Cody Nottingham

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
ACCESS REVIEW

The Effect / What the Spectator Witnesses
A spectator’s selection or even signed selection miraculously appears inside of a seemingly empty card box. It happens in a split second and is indeed visual.

This effect also can be used as a card change as well. The face of the card could change or even have the back change from a red to a blue.

It can also be used to “find the mate” of another card.

Cody offers quite a few ways to make the magic happen. I personally love the fan of cards in front of the box as the method takes place. Looks SUPER!

Impromptu: Yes and No. You may have to tweak a borrowed box a tad before the actual performance. There is a little bit of set up depending on what type of performance you are seeking and Cody offers a way to load the card into the box from a deck. It seems a bit bold to me as the deck comes near the box and I would liked to have seen a live performance to see if he can pull this off. That’s my only complaint is there are no live performances on the download to see Cody in action and how the handling all takes place from start to finish.

Method: I love this method and it truly does allow an audience to look into the box if it is just lying on the table. The camera shot does a great job of showing what that view looks like. Obviously the spectators cannot and should not pick up the box to inspect, however if you casually handle the box and set it down carefully you’ll be fine.

Does it always work 100% of the time? For me it did not, however to be honest that was only after playing around for a two hours. Perhaps with some more practice and tweaking of the box my success rate would increase.

Video Quality: The shot is nice and clear and Cody’s instructions are easy to follow even with some nice background music.

This is not just one effect. Your mind will create other ways to use this. For the price it is just about right. Great job Cody!

Jun 1, 2009
I saw this and it intrigued me, might get this in the near future. Thanks for the review Rick!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results