The Signed Coin In Can - a problem & a solution

waynehouchin

theory11 artist
Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Chico, CA
www.waynehouchin.com
Hello everyone & happy holidays!

I want to take a minute and address an issue that has been brought to my attention regarding Sinful - the signed coin in can. It seems that many soda manufacturers are changing the cans that they use and this is causing a problem with the finale of the routine. I have a few solutions.

It's important to understand that soda or beer cans will vary from region to region. A can of Sprite works well in Chico, California but NOT in Sacramento which is only 90 miles south. If you plan on using a quarter I recommend that you do a bit of research: purchase popular cans in your area and test them - find out which ones work best.

However, you can also do what I do and just use a nickel. I have performed this effect all over the world and I've found it much easier to use nickel sized coins.

I'd love to hear your thoughts. Any other questions, comments or suggestions regarding Sinful or Counterfeit Hollingworth?

For those that are interested, I have a few signed copies of Sinful & Counterfeit Hollingworth available for the holidays: http://www.waynehouchin.com/happyholidays

Wayne

Nov 8, 2007
Interesting to see you bring this up, Wayne. I came to the same conclusion not too long ago myself. I still prefer to use a quarter with a little "extra force," but in my area it leaves behind a mark on certain cans. And for those I just go with a nickel as you suggested.

By the way, I performed Sinful the other day for a banquet room of about 175 people; it's still one of my staple effects I can always count on to astonish people and send someone home with an amazing souvenir. I know it's been out for quite a while, so it's easy to forget or take for granted, but the effect really is brilliant, Wayne.

Happy Holidays! :)

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
Interesting to see you bring this up, Wayne. I came to the same conclusion not too long ago myself. I still prefer to use a quarter with a little "extra force," but in my area it leaves behind a mark on certain cans. And for those I just go with a nickel as you suggested.

By the way, I performed Sinful the other day for a banquet room of about 175 people; it's still one of my staple effects I can always count on to astonish people and send someone home with an amazing souvenir. I know it's been out for quite a while, so it's easy to forget or take for granted, but the effect really is brilliant, Wayne.

Happy Holidays!

Out of curiosity, what do you do about the clean up/mess? I never really do this indoors.

-Thanks for the tip Wayne.

Jun 1, 2009
I've wanted Counterfeit Hollingworth for such a long time now, thanks for re-releasing it!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results