poker stack after two faro shuffles and pass

Nov 1, 2011
Japan, kanagawa
hey guys I just added another link of me trying the silent classic pass, please check it out and let me know what you think... Again, thank you for taking the time, I appreciate your help, advice and comments. :)
silent classic pass
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pNGgKBgG4k

I know there are many awesome pros on the forums here, if you have the chance to, please take a look at my poker stack I created independently over two years ago, after learning how to do a faro shuffle. It's not really a "performance" but more of a sharing idea for anyone that might be interested in using this. Nothing original, but I thought of it and created it well before watching any poker demonstrations etc so I feel it's mine to share.
I've performed it a few times to all my laymen friends and their reactions have always been well worth the effort.
I've never posted anything on youtube before, so please excuse the sound.
The classic pass is also a move I love to practice, I will post up one without music so you can judge for yourself that there is hardly any noise. I have been working on the silent pass and slight variations. Again thank you for watching if you choose to do so, and please comment.
I have been learning and performing card magic for only 5 years now.

poker stack
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWFKN8ehWl0&feature=related

classic pass
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8xSGB1Z6Ks&feature=endscreen&NR=1

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 9, 2011
This is good. and when I say good, I mean really good to get your faros perfect and prepare so many many cards (the majority of the deck). Your pass is also pretty good

Jul 14, 2010
Croatia
Your faros are as good as they can possibly be.
The pass is also good and I like the fact that your thumb goes along the long side of the deck, which gives the sleight a little bit more openness. Not a lot of people do the pass with their thumb in that position, I myself am struggling to include that subtlety in my pass, since I learned to do it with my thumb resting over the deck.

All in all, well done!

Feb 4, 2008
The pass looks excellent, as others have said. The Poker stack is fine except for one major flaw(IMO) You do in hands faro instead of a table faro.Gamblers shuffle on the table, not in hands. So I would work on a table faro. If you ever get a chance to watch "Hit the Road" there is a seen where Rod the Hop (a gambler) does a beautiful table faro with plastic Kem Cards. It's quite a thing to watch.

Oh...I almost forgot. If you want to do some nice table magic work on some Hops and Dive shifts as well.

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
It is a great start. It is great that you put the time in and math to figure out how the two farros will work with the 5 hand game.

Now lets talk about how you can improve it! I believe you have a great placeholder until you can put together a series of false riffle shuffles, stock controls, up the ladders, zarrows, etc.... As Eostresh mentioned before, table farrows would be more natural, but to take that even further - since you are dealing with a set stack anyway, maybe consider having the 5 poker hands already stacked (post farrows), and then do a routine of false shuffling and cutting. The result is the same, but you are left with a demonstration that looks more natural now.

The important thing is that you were able to figure this stack out on your own, and learned it inside and out. Now try to take it and improve it.

Nov 1, 2011
Japan, kanagawa
thanks for your comments. @ Eostretch, yes I have seen Hit the road, and yes it is awesome =) This poker demo was initially meant to be in the hands because most of the people I perform for shuffle in the hands. But yes I am working on my table faros =)
And @tokyoUW yes that sounds great! i have already been doing this with combinations of false riffle shuffles, up the ladders, zarrows, push throughs, false cuts etc,I'm still working on the table faro and will post you it. At the moment I can only do a perfect tabled Faro only once out of every three lol I have always enjoyed table false shuffles, I am a great fan of Ed Marlo,Ricky Jay, Steve Forte, Darwin Ortiz, Richard Turner, Gene Maze, Jason England, and many more, but them in particular because of the table work they have mastered. Watching them always inspires me!
Yes I will try and improve, and hopefully be able to record and post it here for you guys! Thanks again for your encouraging comments, here in Japan i don't know many card magicians, so this forum really helps.

Feb 7, 2011
This poker demo was initially meant to be in the hands because most of the people I perform for shuffle in the hands.

This is key. While gambling shows are usually full of table farros and table riffles, which makes for more pleasurable viewing, it's not always about being the master of cards, if you were to truly cheat you'd copy people at the table. If you know how a person shuffles, you should shuffle that way too. Which is when i talk to my participants, (close audience who are involved) i have the cards shuffled by a few people, trying to see how many ways of shuffling they know. Usually it's the overhand shuffle and a half in the hands/half on the table riffle shuffle if you know what i mean. Alot of the time people will take cards from the top and put them on bottom, mistaking a cut for a shuffle. It's a nice way to get the crowd involved, risk free, as I, like most of us in the gambling field, can fake any shuffle there is.

On that subject, I have a false in the hands faro shuffle, with a one handed bridge, and im struggling to find out if it is original. The only method I could find of falsely faro shuffling the cards is a move on this very site called fff by Homer Liwag, and it was too angle sensitive to suit my work at the table. So i created my own, can anyone point me in the direction of false in the hand faro's, or if you would like to discuss, please p.m me

Sep 20, 2010
hey, your faro shuffle set was great , but i think there is a top stack set up do ypu realy need perfect faro for this? .. just a point
you pass is a bit jerky. try to minimize your movemets with doing this between to wine glass fill with water and narrow the distance ( practice tip.. ) or try to this action in a back or foward movement with your hand..

i loved it and i hope this will help you

Nov 1, 2011
Japan, kanagawa
hey, your faro shuffle set was great , but i think there is a top stack set up do ypu realy need perfect faro for this? ..

Yes you do need to do a perfect faro on the first shuffle. On the second faro you need to cut at 26. The 2nd faro doesn't have to be entirley perfect, but the majority of the stack does, so you may as well. (I guess, in performance, as long as you get the required stack farrowed on the second faro, it's ok if the rest isn't perfect).

Nov 1, 2011
Japan, kanagawa
for everyone

I was initially inspired by Ortiz for the practice of cutting at 26. Because most of the stuff I enjoy watching is from Darwin Ortiz, and if you ever want to learn his stuff, many of his wonderful effects use perfect faros. That being said, I did my own experiments with faro to come up with this formula.
I am not a maths genius, but I love solving and figuring out puzzles, so one great idea which I'm sure is not new, that I thought of was to use a "visual" guide. So I just substituted red cards into the blue deck. Did perfect faros and recorded/ wrote down where the red cards would end up. I don't know why, but in my mind, visually seeing the backs of the spread out cards and noting where the red cards are positioned amongst the blue cards is way easier to develop methods of figuring out where to position cards before and where to cut/ how many to cut after.
to EVERYONE: If you haven't tried it already...please try it!!!
I am aware of faro shuffling systems by Ed Marlo, and the position of each card after every in or out faro, but my method to get the stack prepared is way simpler, faster and you don't have to faro six times to get into position for the last two,(that alone could be a convincer that the cards are shuffled, under the right patter and conditions) and as you prepare it you can visually understand why which card goes to that specific position. If you like puzzles and creating methods, this is a fun way! If anyone wants to learn it please p.m me, I'll be happy to see it performed by more experienced cardicians!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results