SPLINTER- Marcus Eddie

Marcus Eddie

theory11 artist
Hey everyone. I am very great full for the love on my new release "Splinter". Because of you "Splinter" went #1 on The Wire! I've had a lot of fun with it, and now, you will be able to shock and amaze everyone with a very different type of effect! Here's what it's about:

During a conversation, you mention you have a splinter in your finger. After showing your finger, no one seems to see it. Imagine their shock when you slowly pull or bite out a splinter the size of a toothpick!
"Splinter" uses no gimmicks, can be set up "on the fly" in seconds and can be performed anywhere, anytime. You can also pull out different items like a nail, a match stick or any similar item.
This is a great way to show people the impossible!
http://www.theory11.com/wire/marcus-eddie/splinter/

Let me know what you think, or if you have any questions, and I'll do my best to answer! Thanks again for all of your support, and look out for new magic all next year!

Marcus Eddie

Jul 14, 2010
Croatia
How different and clean is the handling where you pull out the splinter instead of biting it out?
I like the idea a lot, but the biting sequence doesn't appeal much to me.

Jun 1, 2009
I think this is a great opener or something to do offbeat that still packs huge. I showed my girlfriend the trailer and she was like "that's not possible." I agree though that the biting part wouldn't fit very will into a restaurant scene. It's perfect to introduce myself, as I go to shake their hand I pull back and cringe, and then pull out a toothpick, but I'd like to know if showing an empty hand and proucing it is just as convincing.

Marcus Eddie

theory11 artist
Hey Renome,
The handling for pulling the "splinter" instead of biting it is the same. I really love pulling instead of biting, because you won't be accused of pulling the toothpick from your mouth. I did the biting in the video because it was creepier!

Jacob L, I think the handshake idea is great! That way, it seems even more organic, like you weren't waiting to perform it. Great!

Jan 4, 2008
Biting vs Pulling

Very cool effect Marcus!

Biting vs Pulling - This is my opinion only of course. We should all strive to make our magic as logical as possible. Biting to me is more logical because most people always try and bite a splinter out of their hand if they do not have a pair of tweezers on them of course. It's also more impressive to me. We magicians are always accused of doing something sneaky with our hands. This effect allows us to step outside the box a little.

Great work Marcus.

Gerald

Sep 3, 2011
Singapore
Hey Marcus, I'm very interested in this trick. I think this is a trick where you can freak your spectators out! Are there any angle issues for this?

Zach

Marcus Eddie

theory11 artist
Hey Zach,
The main "bad" angle is from behind. The side might be ok, as with any effect, watch your angles and know who you're performing for. Also, don't try to force this illusion. Just wait for the situation to present itself, and it will be even stronger! Thanks Zach.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 21, 2011
Bedford, England
When i first saw this, i was like 'I have to put that in my act! What a great opener!" Before i buy it, i have the following question to ask. Do you hide the toothpick in your mouth and push it out with your tongue? Because, obviously, i don't want a toothpick in my mouth all day (which may cut my gums a lot)

Jun 1, 2009
Sooo you're asking him to expose the method here? I don't think that's gonna work out very well for you.

Marcus Eddie

theory11 artist
JFergz,
The Toothpick is not in the mouth, so you're free to speak. That's why I like to Pull the toothpick out instead of biting it. The details in the video show you how to ensure no one thinks it's coming out of your mouth. I know it will be a great addition to your show! Thanks!

Sep 3, 2011
Singapore
Marcus, I just bought it man, very clever method. I will definitely use this to freak my friends/spectators out by pulling a nail out of my finger hahaha

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results