YouTube Channel: Any Advice?

Dec 29, 2011
UK
Hi guys,

Now a couple of months ago I created a YouTube channel, just so that more people can experience magic and cardistry. I don't have many subscribers, but I enjoy what I do. I was wondering if you could go and check out my channel and maybe give me some advice; maybe just a list of pros and cons and what I could improve on, either as a reply here or as a channel comment on YouTube. Now, I'm only 13 and I've been doing magic for only just a year, so obviously my sleights aren't the best. I recently got a new camera and so my video quality has improved slightly, making the videos more enjoyable.

Once again, please do go and take a quick look and give me some feedback, it would be much appreciated :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/UltraPhobia

.:Frax:.

Last edited by a moderator:

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
First off, the video quality is excellent. Your camera is nice.

I am just going to be brutally honest and say that I really lost interest around 1:40 because you go out of frame and are just pulling cards from who knows where. Try to keep the cards in "frame" throughout the duration of your performance.

Then you say, "You know what...let's just get on with the effect..." by saying that, it seems that what you've just done for the past 10 seconds of fidgeting and pulling some cards out was completely pointless to the effect. Just food for thought.

Also, don't say No Doubles or Double sided sticky tape....why even mention this in a performance? Now you are allowing spectators to think, Oh...I didn't even know magicians used double sided sticky tape.

It's a neat effect but you need to streamline it a bit and get the patter down. Thanks for posting and please take my constructive criticism lightly.

Dec 29, 2011
UK
Thanks, I think this is the only trick where I go off screen and I'll try and work on my patter a lot more. I'm always open to constructive criticism, so your response is very helpful.

.:Frax:.

I noticed this is your first post, welcome to T11!

I haven't watched the videos yet but I will later. For now, I did take a brief view at your channel and noticed (at least based on the thumbnail images) you only have videos of magic performed for the camera. If your current goal is to get more youtube views/subs, live magic videos would benefit you way more. When I'm looking for good magic videos on youtube, I more than likely won't even click on it if it is camera magic and I'm pretty sure a lot of members might feel the same. Just some food for thought.

I will check out your videos when I get home later. Until then, keep at it.

~Andrew~

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results